Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR1.2 released for the N9

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

PR1.2 released for the N9

Hi all,

last week our software update team began slowly rolling out the latest update for N9 to a handful of selected countries. One week later, the update is now available to more than 70 per cent of all handsets, with more receiving the updates over the coming weeks. If you do not see an update notification yet, just wait a little while more or contact your local operator to find out if it they have enabled it.

Software version 30.2012.07 (PR1.2) brings you tons of new features like

- video call support for Gtalk (if you don’t have it yet, just get the app from Nokia Store)

- support for folders in the Applications view

- improved camera features, including continuous (burst) shooting, and face recognition for photos, so you can easily tag faces with names

-  new Nokia Drive features, such as route options, favourites, speed limit alerts, and compass support

-  a new, threaded view in Mail and you can now access your company address book (GAL) in Mail for Exchange (MfE)

- support for creating playlists and deleting songs in the music player

- improvements in the web browsing history view

- extended copy-paste for web and documents

- language support for Thai, Hebrew, Persian, Vietnamese, and Kazakh

For more details, check out our story on Nokia Conversations via http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/06/the-nokia-n9-software-update-you-must-have/.

So, power up your Nokia N9, turn on your WiFi and get ready to download the latest software update by either clicking the software update notification or checking for it manually via Settings > Applications > Manage applications and then opening the Update tab. If you don’t have any WiFi hotspot nearby, you can also get the update via Nokia Software Updater. (To download it, just check the N9 support page via www.nokia.com/support or visit swipe.nokia.com.) If you want to do a backup of your data, you can use Nokia Link for this.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gunsnroses_dxb

wow.. thank you but for me it is not available in MENA area...while it shows on the website that new update is available. No Notification yet, and I can not update it via Nokia Software Updater as well. While trying to do it OTA it says "Checking for Updates" for hours.
Please use plain text.
Sage
wdexplorer

Thanks Yvonne,

But video call support is clearly a frustrating one.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JOBEH

Im in SOUTH AFRICA no updates yet...hopefully im goin to get them soon cause ryt now as im writin this post m getting application up]dates the next one should be PR1.2....cant wait coz lot of things needs this SW update...... Now Nokia work on 3G video calling.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BoDuke

I got the update some time ago.

Now it is slow, laggy and the battery consumption is higher than with PR 1.1

How can I get back to PR 1.1????

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JOBEH

dude since other applications needs PR1.2 hw u gona make use of them then??? other pips say its working very well...........oooops im so confused!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
itsfluidic

I am on PR1.2 now and it is definately better than PR1.1. Did not notice lag or shorter battery life.

Please use plain text.
kazhunter

Hi Skyee, just wondering Nokia Australia website says n9 current version is PR1.2 however I have not received the update for mine yet via NSU. Cyan 059L694

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kalafu

I did update the PR1.2 30.2012.7....but the home screen can not be landscape mode...why?
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Try this:

http://store.ovi.com/content/226693?clickSource=search&pos=1

Go to

Settings - Applications - Home Screen

and set lock orientation

/winny

Please use plain text.
Newtet

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kalafu

I see...but i have an other problem that the NFC seems does not work.i hope that is not the hardware problem..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moj_adil

most of them having the same issue!
me too!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pchees

I have not yet received this update in the UAE.

Has anyone been able to download it yet?

I have tried OTA, software updater etc. I have soft reset and hard reset my device and still no update.

Any news about this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Also for PR1.1 the update for UAE and MEA came later with a special release. The original release was 20.2011.40.4 and for UAE / MEA it was 22.2011.44.2 which came some weeks later.

So I assume that for PR1.2 your region will be handled in a similar way and you need to be a bit more patient :smileywink:

Don't worry... it will come... :smileywink:

/winny

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

@kalafu

I just have transferred a picture using NFC from one N9 to another N9 and it is definitely working.

I assume you know how to handle NFC?

/winny

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kalafu

The NFC is work with nokia product.
but it is no respon with the other RFID tag.
just like so credit card with RFID.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulthewall

Still nothing here in Switzerland so far - 059L5D4

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Winterdeath

Still nothing for Cyan, Hungary: 059M147

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

kalafu wrote:
The NFC is work with nokia product.
but it is no respon with the other RFID tag.
just like so credit card with RFID.

While the NFC chips will be able to read the RFID tag, it will require a suitable, custom app to actually read and interpret the data from the tag. Without it nothing will happen.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.