last week our software update team began slowly rolling out the latest update for N9 to a handful of selected countries. One week later, the update is now available to more than 70 per cent of all handsets, with more receiving the updates over the coming weeks. If you do not see an update notification yet, just wait a little while more or contact your local operator to find out if it they have enabled it.
Software version 30.2012.07 (PR1.2) brings you tons of new features like
- video call support for Gtalk (if you don’t have it yet, just get the app from Nokia Store)
- support for folders in the Applications view
- improved camera features, including continuous (burst) shooting, and face recognition for photos, so you can easily tag faces with names
- new Nokia Drive features, such as route options, favourites, speed limit alerts, and compass support
- a new, threaded view in Mail and you can now access your company address book (GAL) in Mail for Exchange (MfE)
- support for creating playlists and deleting songs in the music player
- improvements in the web browsing history view
- extended copy-paste for web and documents
- language support for Thai, Hebrew, Persian, Vietnamese, and Kazakh
For more details, check out our story on Nokia Conversations via http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/06/the-noki
So, power up your Nokia N9, turn on your WiFi and get ready to download the latest software update by either clicking the software update notification or checking for it manually via Settings > Applications > Manage applications and then opening the Update tab. If you don’t have any WiFi hotspot nearby, you can also get the update via Nokia Software Updater. (To download it, just check the N9 support page via www.nokia.com/support or visit swipe.nokia.com.) If you want to do a backup of your data, you can use Nokia Link for this.
Yvonne from Nokia Care
Im in SOUTH AFRICA no updates yet...hopefully im goin to get them soon cause ryt now as im writin this post m getting application up]dates the next one should be PR1.2....cant wait coz lot of things needs this SW update...... Now Nokia work on 3G video calling.
dude since other applications needs PR1.2 hw u gona make use of them then??? other pips say its working very well...........oooops im so confused!!!!!!
I have not yet received this update in the UAE.
Has anyone been able to download it yet?
I have tried OTA, software updater etc. I have soft reset and hard reset my device and still no update.
Any news about this?
Also for PR1.1 the update for UAE and MEA came later with a special release. The original release was 20.2011.40.4 and for UAE / MEA it was 22.2011.44.2 which came some weeks later.
So I assume that for PR1.2 your region will be handled in a similar way and you need to be a bit more patient
Don't worry... it will come...
I just have transferred a picture using NFC from one N9 to another N9 and it is definitely working.
I assume you know how to handle NFC?
2012-03-12 13:01 - edited 2012-03-12 13:05
The NFC is work with nokia product.
but it is no respon with the other RFID tag.
just like so credit card with RFID.
While the NFC chips will be able to read the RFID tag, it will require a suitable, custom app to actually read and interpret the data from the tag. Without it nothing will happen.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!