Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR1.2 released for the N9

n94me

Re-installed three times, still no good.... I'm about to throw it at a brick wall, in hopes this may help!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

[ Edited ]

@n94me Sometimes electronics just don't want to cooperate. Have a look on the talk.maemo.org website, only N9 users and developpers, a great source of info for the phone. Hope this can help you out.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

I'm currently chasing the countries for the outstanding variants. The teams are working on them, but it will still take some time.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrNkStyle

[ Edited ]

Fantastic Skyee but some time = some days....one week....one month?? :smileyhappy:

Thank You

I Love My Nokia N9 64Gb
Please use plain text.
n94me

My problem after the software update was fixed by clearing the device after a back up to my pc, I did have to re-load all of my personal settings, contacts & music but it's a small price to pay I think. I'm guessing the problem with the internal connection to internet software & what not may have been caused by some sort of virus that may have been attached to something I loaded onto the phone previously....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zezruspa

Let me help you!

I have 64 GB black... i'm from Portugal, still no update!! Please check!

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

059L5D4: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1

available now....

Looks like Swiss country codes are on the way now :smileywink:

Portugal not released so far...

/winny

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

That's great news for the owners of a Swiss variant though not much Swiss have the phone. I went to a Swisscom shop lastly and they told me I should not buy this phone because a lot of customers complain and come back to the shop with it, she wouldn't give more info.

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

[ Edited ]

Well.... I am from Germany and own a Swiss and Austria N9....So Swiss variants seem to run outside of Switzerland :smileywink:

And I cannot complain about this phone(s).... Minor issues I usually solve by my own and I don't think that the competitors are without bugs.

/winny

Please use plain text.
dcdn

Finally! My Swiss country variant has got the PR 1.2 update today!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
CEVENN

Update finally happens for 056M8W6!!!

Let's go try it...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Catacang

Apparently Switzerland got lucky today.

Unfortunately for me, it appears that Portugal is the only country in the entire world where not even one single N9 got the update yet, no matter if it's an unlocked or a carrier device, if it's black or cyan, if it has 16GB ou 64GB, no one received PR1.2.
It is officially the country Nokia left behind... or, at least, for last. What a shame...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zezruspa

Did N9 sold so bad in Portugal that they don't care about the update? My black 64GB still waiting...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximilian1st

There are still plenty of Countries waiting for the 1.2 update.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Catacang

Today, the PR1.2 update became finally available over the air (OTA) for the Portuguese Country Variant!

I do hope Nokia finds some way to make the rollout faster for every Country Variant in future firmware updates though.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zezruspa

Strange... i use a program to check all variants and Portuguese still missing... But i'll check with WiFi and NSU...

Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Portugal is visible now in this "program" :smileywink:

Usually there is some delay until you can see it there... even if is already available on your mobile.

My Swiss N9 is already on 1.2 since some days but it's not listed so far... This will happen also with some delay.

/winny

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JOBEH

STILL NOTHING IN SOUTH AFRICA,...........ANY1 WITH AN IDEA WEN ARE WE GETTING IT?????

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

They are released a week ago. I've been enjoying Pr1.2 on my swiss phone a week now.

What is it with Nokia that the lovely country of chocolate and mountains have to wait for months for an update? Is it the thin air?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohannadh

any word on the UAE update? Ive got a white n9 that is feeling neglected
Please use plain text.