Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PR1.2: switch OFF Birthday reminders

Advisor
RockOn_23

PR1.2: switch OFF Birthday reminders

Hi,

after updating to PR1.2 I got an reminder for EVERY Birthday in my contacts (1.5 days ahead). How can I switch off that reminder?

Regards

RockOn

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: PR1.2: switch OFF Birthday reminders

[ Edited ]

Open calendar>menu>manage calendar/birthdays

Switch the toggle to turn of reminders and calendar.

Moderators Note: Forum coding removed

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RockOn_23

....isn't there a opportunity to switch off just he reminder NOT the whole birthday calendar? I just want to see the birthdays but I dont't want to be reminded :-(

RockOn_23

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

not that i am aware of at this moment.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

Hi, I'm in Australia and have PR1.2 but I don't have an integrated Birthdays Calendar that takes Birthdays from my Contacts. That is a function that I found really useful on my previous Nokia phones. How do I activate it on the N9? It's not in the Calendar menu of the Calendar section of the Settings menu.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

If you open the Calendar app, open the menu, and tap on Manage Calendars, it should be there, and you can turn it on or off. Do any of your contacts have birthdays defined?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

Yes, thank you - I've done all that & it's not there. I have 32 birthdays defined in 514 contacts. The contacts (and calendar) are synced with MfE which, presently, is not working (if that matters). I did the PR1.2 update OTA. I use a MAC and I'm not aware of any method of re-installing the update because Nokia is so PC-centric. I'm all out of ideas; any suggestions
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

very strange.

can you post a screen shot of your device from:

settings/about product

be sure that you adjust the screenshot before posting and erase some of the scan code/wifi mac/blutooth/imei

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

Abroad with work at the moment ....... might be a bit beyond my technical skills anyway ...... I'll give it a shot though ..... standby.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

Hi, I've got the screenshot but I'm still abroad - I have only an iPad with me and I am unable to edit the screenshot to obliterate the private data. Could you please describe the information that you seek and I'll just type it out. Thanks for your help. Kind Regards.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hoskins

Okay, I messed around with the phone and I now, finally, have a Birthdays Calendar in the Manage Calendars menu.

I am assuming that it is PR1.2 generated because it wasn't there previously and the symbol is different - instead of the standard calendar symbol (phone keypad) this one is a birthday cake with three candles.

The problem now is that I have "Show this calendar and reminders" set to ON, but there are no birthday events in my calendar.

I have PR1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_005) and and the software code is 059J233

What am I doing wrong????

Please use plain text.