Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Pr1.3 problems

Contributor
Scorp1us

Pr1.3 problems

So far it looks great, except I can't set a wallpaper. I used to have one,  but it won't let me set it anymore.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Radiolina

After trying to update my N9 device to PR1.3 it seems to hang in the boot process. After every 30 sec. there is a vibration , the flash light turnimg on for a short time and the nokia logo appears ... thats all Any hints ? regards
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WolVish

Video Playback has become worse from bad since PR 1.2. Facebook sync in contacts also not happening..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

Radiolina wrote:
After trying to update my N9 device to PR1.3 it seems to hang in the boot process. After every 30 sec. there is a vibration , the flash light turnimg on for a short time and the nokia logo appears ... thats all Any hints ? regards

It sounds as if your N9 has now entered a "Boot loop" and I had to solve this upon my N9 by putting into R & D mode using another application for open source devices and then re-install existing firmware with standalone Nokia Software Updater http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...erSetup_EN.exe or latest version of Nokia Suite Beta here:http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta sign-in with Nokia ID & password.

cpitchford from this forum has written upon the subject:http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=34698&postcount=9

If any of this takes you outside your comfort zone, there is probably no alternative other than to take device to a Nokia Care Point should N9 be supported in your region but do have a look at this resource:http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/How-to-Re-Install-Firmware/m-p/1476054/highl...

There have been isolated reports that if battery fully depleted and device powers down that it will start again when connected to charger, but this may only be temporary solution.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

good answer aspergerguy.

@radiolina

how comfortable are you with flashing? have you heard of it?

that may save you a trip to the Nokia if you can get it done.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
kafredri

Radiolina wrote:

I have a same problem. How did you manage to solve that? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ozphoneuser

Reflashing your phone may help.

There is a good guide on maemo.org on flashing firmware for N9.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693&highlight=flashing+guide

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thieric

Speaking of PR1.3 bugs, I have to say that flip-to-silence/snooze doesn't work as well as it used to in PR1.2... This morning it just didn't work at all ! This PR has added many bugs like this one, making the whole experience way worse than before...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Radiolina

Many thanks for all the help ! Just to give you a brief feedback ! The solution (from cpitchford) that aspergerguy mentioned did unfortunately not work for me. At the end only flashing would solve the problem. But thats something i´ll do tomorrow ... best regards
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Labs

I have another issue after the upgrade. In the email app I cannot see the "Recent Messages". In rest is fine. I would like to do a software upgrade but it looks like Nokia Suite Beta and Software updater don't allow me to reinstall. Both says that I have la latest version and that's all.

How to proceed next? Does anyone have some idea?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Labs wrote:
I would like to do a software upgrade but it looks like Nokia Suite Beta and Software updater don't allow me to reinstall.

This is the result that I get with Nokia Suite Beta:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.