Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: QCPUfreq and PR 1.3

Advisor
Accepted Solution

QCPUfreq and PR 1.3

[ Edited ]

Hi

Updated firmware to UK PR 1.3 yesterday and then updated all the apps offering updates. QCPUfreq no longer seems to offer an overclocking option as I had before, in fact it says the app is for reducing cpu freq.. from a largest value of 600mhz.

The menu no longer has the overclocking tab, all it has now is "help" & "about". Can anyone shed any light on this?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

when you update, it flashes the kernel with the new one in pr1.3. you need to reinstall the 'enhanced linux kernel for power users' before you can overclock again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

I'll take note of this, as I use the enhanced kernel and plan to update tonight.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

[ Edited ]

if you plan to upgrade tonight, best bet is to uninstall titan's kernel, restore the pr1.2 kernel, and then update.

if you update straight away without removing titan's kernel, the app manager will behave as if its already installed and you'll have to remove it (supposedly its messier if you remove it after the update compared to before the update).

this was one of the reasons why i chose to flash my device. the other reason was because my cellular data wasnt working so i wanted to check if it was a software issue before sending it off. turns out it was a software issue, i mustve installed something nasty, reflashing fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Seems like my previous post was deleted for some reason.

I didn't uninstall before updating to 1.3 however i did remove and reinstall post update via maemo wiki instructions for x terminal. After reinstalling QCPUfreq, the issue remains the same as I originally posted....

Can the poster who is installing tonight using Sever's instructions let me know if you find any different?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

earlhickey1 wrote:

Can the poster who is installing tonight using Sever's instructions let me know if you find any different?

Arrrk:smileysurprised:

Well, I've sort of made a start. Problem is I wanted to start with a clean slate, so I restarted the phone toe return it to stock speeds, then uninstalled QCPUFrequency and now just "De-installing" the custom kernel (probably didn't need to, but seeing a few peeps having problems I thought it would be a good idea.) Seems to be taking a while to de-install over WiFi and there's nothing telling me what's going on, just the screen flickers once in a while.

When it's done I'll do a back-up to memory card then flash using Maemo Flasher.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Well, after sitting here gawking at it for what seemed like an eternity, waiting for the custom kernel to tell me it had finished, I decided to reboot and do the reflash.

All done and seems to be working fine. Just restoring the back-up and doing the laborious task of restoring all my apps. Then I'll try the overclock and let you know what happens.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

@earlhickey - did you reboot your phone after installing the new kernel? 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

OK. Just reinstalled the kernel and QCPUFreq and they seem to be working fine for me.

Things were already pretty snappy while just running the stock kernel and no overclock with Swappolube and Transition Control. I did a restart after installing the OC apps before running them.

I did have trouble restoring some of the apps and widgets though, not sure what happened but I found I had to download a lot of them from the repos again, same with a couple of apps from Ovi Store. Strange thing is all the settings to these apps were still intact.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes I did a restart.

Decided to flash device and happy to say this seems to have sorted whatever bug that was causing the problems.

Cheers

Please use plain text.