Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: RSS Widget stuck on "(no posts)"

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

RSS Widget stuck on "(no posts)"

Hi guys,

Having a strange issue with my default RSS reader, I was connected to the WIFI at home yesterday evening, as usual multi-tasking I had opened Web browser and at the same time I wanted to refresh the RSS feeds. The phone got completely stuck with a white screen and I had no way to end the tasks, I ended up turning the unit off by holding the power button down. Ever since then the RSS widget is just stuck with (no feeds) on the screen and there is no way of opening the application, it just seizes up. I would like to reinstall the widget but have no idea of how to do so. Could somebody help?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

justin_02 wrote:

Hi guys,

Having a strange issue with my default RSS reader, I was connected to the WIFI at home yesterday evening, as usual multi-tasking I had opened Web browser and at the same time I wanted to refresh the RSS feeds. The phone got completely stuck with a white screen and I had no way to end the tasks, I ended up turning the unit off by holding the power button down. Ever since then the RSS widget is just stuck with (no feeds) on the screen and there is no way of opening the application, it just seizes up. I would like to reinstall the widget but have no idea of how to do so. Could somebody help?

in x-terminal type the following :

rm .osso_rss_feed_reader/searchentries

than restart the device, that should fix it .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi there, Thanks for your reply. I tried that, rebooted but still no success. I managed to get it working again by switching the theme to Nokia Nseries default. (I was using black plastic theme up until now)... Didn't really understand but it seems to be fine now.
Please use plain text.