Can somebody help me reflash my device? I'm tired of this phone. Had a big mistake installing Catblock that turned out a virulent enemy of this device's once normal life. the pest is crawling destructions to other native applications. I thanked ellie and others who tried to help purge the pest off this device but got its roots deeply entrenched could not be weeded out. I'm tired of looking for solutions online that ended hope for solutions outside reflashing. My phone now is like suffering from some kind of autoimmune disease with its performance deteriorating into self destruction. slowly getting worse. havent done anything after catblock was installed. could not make a call bec it would freeze. opening applications took a long while if not completely froze. and i have to reboot and restart each time. nuissance bug*ger.
i hope nokia would do something disable "install" tabs for applic that are still under devel. i am just human to be lured by the temptations of catblock eyecandy features. I mean i'm fine if they appear in devel applic catalogue. maybe just disable the install feature. its just me a victim of bait and my own fault, suggeting. i know people wouldn't agree
Solved! Go to Solution.
this is all listed in the thread "top 12..."
6. Flashing & re-flashing Meamo OS & Vanilla
you will need to be sure that you have a non-64 bit pc.
1. Download the Flasher
2. Download the latest firmware image for your N900 (you will need your IMEI of the device)
3. when you save the global variant of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "pr1.2.bin"
4. When you save the vanilla file of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "vanilla.bin"
5. Turn your phone off
6. launch the flasher-3.5 program
7. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F pr1.2.bin -f
it will then scroll a bunch of gibberish and then say it is looking for a unit.
8. with the phone still off, hold slide the kb open and hold the "U" button while you connect the usb cable to the phone. continue holding the "U" until you see the faint "NOKIA" logo and/or the USB connection symbol in the top right. The flasher will find the device and automatically flash the unit to the original rom
9. after about 1.5 minutes, it will be complete. DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR UNIT!
10. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F vanilla.bin -f -R
11. now it should reflash the device and wipe the emmc clean of EVERYTHING. after it reboots, you can disconnect it.
before you load any software into the device via restoring from your backup, be sure to try the backlight settings again and see if it is still having the issue.
if the issue is gone then there was some software that you had installed that was affecting it. if the issue is still there, then have your device replaced.
if the issue is resolved, then a couple of things.
1. depending on how many applications you had installed, you can go back and install them one at a time and re-sync your contacts/calendar separately. or you can do a restore from your back up.
when you do the restore, be sure that you look at all the applications in the list that it is going re-download and install before you allow it to, to be sure they are the only applications you want.
2. mark this post as solution and post a kudos to any post above that has helped you in the effort to resolve your issues as a happy thanks to their efforts in giving you free support for your device that NOKIA did not give you.
thank you it was successfully restored to original settings and was working very well. But a bigger trouble is at hand at the moment. I was supposed to restore back up from ovi suite via usb. along the way i checked updater button. the device had a newr version waiting for update in the ovi suite updater and i guess that was PR 1.3 for uk version (my device is a uk version btw). installing it but installation was interrupted halfway before it could finish and displayed "simcard missing". and below it is a dialogue " it appears that there is no simcard in your device. to continue, please insert your simcard." i knoe theres simcard init but i did fix it as instructed i thought it wasn't fitting snugly. had to move the battery in the process though cable is still connected. phone shut off. please advise. seriously i'm thinking of the worst what's these all means to my phone. please help. usb still on but installation is now cut off
it's all done and running smoothly. so relieved. thank you very much mate! kudos to you. my device had a history of reflashing once many many mos ago. and it was cpitchford who did the troubleshooting control. i was awestruckd by the result how he made wonders to my, well, practically dead phone
use the flasher. with the cable attached or not,you have to start over.
follow my directions and stay away from ovi suite for now.
also, you marked you own post a solution.