Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

hai Iam not able to download this software can any...

Professor
virajxx3006

Re: Restoring to Factory Settings?

Default lock code is 12345
"You may loose faith on us.. But never in your selves! From here, the fight will be your own.."

_____________[Protect Transformers]_____________
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
oliverkelly

Found under settings, "Clear Data" Option next to "Restore Original Settings". Does not remove apps but does remove all the data. 

Click settings and then there is the dropdown menu when you touch "Settings" at the top of the screen.

Used to be just a "Restore Original Settins" which only did settings not data.

Saved having to flash the device.

Please use plain text.
batishta

hai Iam not able to download this software can any one help to download this software .any direct links or ?

TRDN900 wrote:

or check this link, long process for N900

https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware 

Windows [edit] N900 (XP)

MS Windows users willing to update the N900 can use the Nokia Software Updater or see the Flasher documentation.

It is also possible to flash the N900 directly without using the Nokia Software Updater (NSU). This is handy when you would like to flash the device with the same firmware that is already installed on the N900. The NSU will update only if there is a version newer than the one installed on the device.

To flash direcly from the XP command line, follow these steps:

• Download and install the latest version of Flasher (e.g. maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe).
  • Download the latest firmware (.bin) file and save to 'c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\'
  • Fully charge the battery.
  • Unplug charger and switch off the device.
  • Open the command prompt on XP. Start + Run. Type cmd and press Enter.
  • Change directory to the flasher program
 cd "c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5" 
  • Connect the USB cable while pressing 'u' key on the N900 (details on the wiki)
  • Run the following command:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

The update will take about 4 minutes after which the N900 will reboot and display the Welcome screen with Regional settings.

TRDN900 wrote:

or check this link, long process for N900

https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware 

Windows [edit] N900 (XP)

MS Windows users willing to update the N900 can use the Nokia Software Updater or see the Flasher documentation.

It is also possible to flash the N900 directly without using the Nokia Software Updater (NSU). This is handy when you would like to flash the device with the same firmware that is already installed on the N900. The NSU will update only if there is a version newer than the one installed on the device.

To flash direcly from the XP command line, follow these steps:

• Download and install the latest version of Flasher (e.g. maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2.exe).
  • Download the latest firmware (.bin) file and save to 'c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\'
  • Fully charge the battery.
  • Unplug charger and switch off the device.
  • Open the command prompt on XP. Start + Run. Type cmd and press Enter.
  • Change directory to the flasher program
 cd "c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5" 
  • Connect the USB cable while pressing 'u' key on the N900 (details on the wiki)
  • Run the following command:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

The update will take about 4 minutes after which the N900 will reboot and display the Welcome screen with Regional settings.

Hi iam not able to download this software for win  7 can any one help me to download direct links or any other way .please help me 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: hai Iam not able to download this software can any one help to download this software .any direct links or ?

If you are seeking maemo flasher 3.5 2.5.2.2 exe have a look in your PM = Personal Messages top right of screen.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rufus288

Hi there! My name is Rufus, I'm from Sydney Australia, I need your help with my Nokia N900. I buy it in 2010 from a sounds hand shop and it was working very well. I put it down for some time now just to try Samsung galaxy note 1 for a while. Want to us my NOKIA but right now it's ASKING ME TO REBOOT MY DEVICE. I have try rebooting it won't work I also try to rest it but the is a problem with my locking code I can't remember it. so in this case what I do? 

Please use plain text.