Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Resync Skype contacts on an N9

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Resync Skype contacts on an N9

Just started using Skype on my N9. Entered my account details and my contacts were all updated/merged fine.

Since then I've added a Skype contact using my desktop computer. The new contact does not appear in my Skype contacts on the N9 and I've not seen an obvious way to resync the Skype contacts so that it does.

Any ideas?

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Have you tried a reboot?

There is no way I can tell to force a sync for Skype.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you tried disabling, then enabling Skype in the accounts section? If the reboot advised above doesn't work you could try removing then adding the account again.

Also have you checked to see if it has already auto merged with the existing contact?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Just had a closer look and the contact was in fact merged but in a weird way.

I have another contact who was already in my phone contacts list and who became merged when I set up the Skype account on the phone, and he appears in my Skype contacts.

This new contact was indeed merged at some point in time but does not appear in my Skype contacts. Very weird....

Have just disabled then re-enabled the Skype account. Gone online and I see "Fetching contacts from Skype..."

Still no sign of the new contact...

About to delete and re-create the Skype account...

Still no sign of the new contact... Grrrr....

Will try a reboot at a later time.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.