Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SIM Error

Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

SIM Error

one of my n900's has been getting a no sim error lately.  this started last week and since then, we have:

-replaced the sim card with a new one

-reflashed the firmware (to the pr1.3)

but still haveing the same issue even after a full flash (not OTA)

anyone had this issue and resolved it?  or do you think it needs to be sent in?

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: SIM Error

i've seen this problem crop up a few times but never seen a fix, one guy said he cleaned the contact area and that solved it, he didn't say what with but i'd suggest a spirit based product, or even vodka
if you're gonna try it, dip a cotton bud in it and use that

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

yup...tried that.

i just called nokia,  they gave me a free 2day air ups label to send it in.

i have already dropped it off.   that unit was dropped and had a couple scratches on the bezel anywy.   maybe theyll send a newer one back.  :smileyhappy:

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

go to your service provider and have them supply you with a replacement SIM and see if that works. i had to do that for my n97. ended up being that the guys at the nokia care center bricked my n97, so i ended up getting that replaced too.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

maybe theyll send a newer one back.  :smileyhappy:

i've just got my 2nd replacement in one week seen as the last one was faulty so it might not be a good thing :smileyindifferent:

mine only went in for a new screen :smileysurprised:

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.