Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: SMS Delete - N9

Registered Member
SrikSESH
Accepted Solution

SMS Delete - N9

I'm not able to find an option to delete my SMS messages in N9.. Can anyone guide pls.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@SrikSESH

Don't have N9 available but does longpress elicit further options?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
InvinsibleSach

@ Sriksesh
Open the message you want do delete.
Longpress on the messeage.
It will give you option to delete, forward or delete all.
Just select delete.

If this helps Hit the GREEN STAR
Owned Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Nokia 8250, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 9500, Nokia E50, Nokia 8800 , Nokia E71, Nokia N91 4 GB, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N97, iPhone 3GS & finally Nokia N900,Nokia X6, Nokia E55, BB BOLD 9700, iphone 4, Nokia N8; BB Pearl 9100, HTC Legend, & Now Nokia N9. (N900 is the Best)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sharies_89

i just bought the phone today. it was totally cool but i have the problem of how to delete the message and you found the way. Thanks for sharing. well, can we view the inbox and outbox and delievery message?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Coldwaves

sharies_89 wrote:

i just bought the phone today. it was totally cool but i have the problem of how to delete the message and you found the way. Thanks for sharing. well, can we view the inbox and outbox and delievery message?

As far as I know, messages on N9 are displayed in a conversation view.  No traditional inbox outbox view.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
catalin966

As can be great font of SMS? for people like me who use glasses to read is frustrating to see a message in a crowded corner, and the rest of the screen is blank. I saw that all of the smartphonewere sms font of letters large enough to read without glasses.

I think the user should choose the font size, not the producer(nokia)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Litlenan

thank u so much
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

Well now that goes for all phone manufacturer now doesnt it .. 

How many phones do you know where you can actually change the font and size on it? A lot of Nokia phones have the option to change font size from small to Normal to Large. but that is about it . Havnt seen an iPhone that lets you change the font ...not without breaking in to it.

Nokia N9 uses a fairly open system, and if you as the user want to decide what font you want to use, you are free to do so.  But you need to know a thing or two about what you are doing.

Nokia N9 gives freedom , but under responsibility, and if you have no clue how to change something , leave it to the once who do... in this example Nokia. 

But you can change a lot of things about how your N9 looks and feels . a lot of things concerning layout and design are built up with css and XML files. You can even build your own keyboard layouts, "as you wish"  (well you have to follow some ground rules to make it work) 

...and you can change font 

http://nokiamobileblog.com/how-to-change-the-font-of-your-nokia-n9/

...and font size for messaging

http://foolab.org/node/7894

but doing so, remember you are on your own. :smileyhappy:  and do a backup before you mess with things

Please use plain text.
Contributor
catalin966

JudaZ,

thank s for your sugestion, but I do not have IT skils. This should be a simple choice: I can view a SMS it in full screen or in a crowded corner of the screen. On other phones as possible. So it may be possible to N9! If someone is thinking about ordinary users!!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mimbrate

A bit late to this thread, but was wondering if we could select and delete multiple SMS? eg like in E71 where you could select multiple messages. Thanks.
Please use plain text.