SMS delivery reporting on N9 is not working on pr. 1.3. Receive delivery report option is turned on in the phone. Only messages sent to system/service numbers get "delivered" mark. If I insert the same SIM card into N8, all delivery reports are registered without any flaws. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or do I start praying that Nokia is going to finish some day this never finished product?
Restarted the phone allready, turned option on and off, sent several messages and even tried on different networks - nothing worked.
Reflashing the phone or reseting to factory settings is absolutely out of the question. This is a brand new device and Nokia should take care that their products meet specifications at least in basic GSM functionality.
I understand what you want to say, however reports do arrive for system messages and for other SMS they don't.
Recently I tried to change SIM card and place one from another operator and I can confirm that reports do arrive on T-mobile network and not arriving on Vipnet here in Croatia.
In my N8 reports arrive regulary on either network (used the same SIM cards).
So obviously there is a delivery report compatibility issue in N9 firmware.
I had same problem as you. When I purchased my N9 it already had PR 1.3 installed. I also experienced that SMS delivery reports were not working. Only the time at which message was sent was shown.
Few days ago I decided to send MMS to a friend. After it was send I went to MMS setting and found out that MMS delivery reports are switched off, so I switched them on. Ater that, I sent SMS to same number and was surprised when I saw report "delivered". I also tried to send SMS to some other friends and I can confirm that delivery reports show now.
So I recommend switching on the MMS delivery too, it solved the problem for me.