Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Sixaxis(TM) Support

Counsellor

Sixaxis(TM) Support

Hello all.

I have just tried to install the Sixaxis app on my n900, but nothing happens. When I try to download it the installation bar comes up then when it is full it says restarting device. Just before it restarts another abr pops up saying operation failed, then it reboots.

When I go to the application manager it is nowhere to be seen, but when I go to uninstall the app it is there along with another app called "sixad". I can remove both apps successfully.

Can anyone help me install this app as I would love to use my PS3 controller with this phone.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blackbagz

I installed it too and my phone prompted for a reboot.  it rebooted and i went into the apps folder and didn't see no sixaxis icon.  what are we expecting to appear on the phone?  Is there something else we need to install prior to sixaxis support or post install?

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Parlapipas

[ Edited ]

You wont see anything on your phone after installing the 2 apps (daemon running in the background). Now you need to configure your PS3 controller so it can pair via Bluetooth with your phone. You need to jot down your phone's bluetooth MAC address and then follow the instructions on this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=517534&postcount=220

I used windows xp for this and it was pretty simple. Let me know if you follow that route and need any help.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have found this guide, but cannot get it to work:

http://tomasz.sterna.tv/2010/02/play-games-on-nokia-n900-with-ps3-sixaxis-controller/

I follow the steps and when i have to insert: 

wget http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixpair.c

I get the following error:

/bin/sh: wget: not found

What does this mean?

I then went to the part where you can download the precompiled binary. I saved it to the phone, but I don't know how to run it.

Can someone please help me with a step by step guide into how to get this guide to work?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Parlapipas

[ Edited ]

Hi X,

I'm not a Linux expert, but the binary smoku posted there is to be ran on a linux computer, not saved/ran on your phone as you did. Do you have Ubuntu? You're supposed to run it on your laptop/desktop (assuming you are using Linux) and then once it is installed, you need to connect your PS3 controller to the same computer and configure the bluetooth MAC address to match the one from your N900.

If you run this in your computer's terminal:

sudo apt-get install libusb-dev
wget http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixpair.c
gcc sixpair.c -lusb -o sixpair

make sure you are connected to the internet or else it wont work (notice the wget command and the URL following it). If you download his binary and then run it, just connect the controller and proceed with :

sudo ./sixpair 34:7E:39:4A:37:XX   # your N900 BD address
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi Parlapipas 

I managed to get it working using the guide you supplied in the earlier post. For some reason now though, it isn't working. It doesn't connect when I turn on the bluetooth

Will I have to go through that guide everytime I want to use the PS3 controller? I don't know how I have reset the connection.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Parlapipas

Normally no. The only time you woiuld have to do it all over again, is when you sync the controller with your PS3 again. Then the controller becomes paired with your PS3 console so unfortunately your N900's MAC address is wiped out. I'm glad it worked though.

Please use plain text.