Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

So many problems - no solution

SkipperLee

So many problems - no solution

I will list out my problems here, and with them happening at the same time,
it is really frustrating and I can only pray someone can get back to me with a solution...

1. when I want to add an online service to my Account (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Google, Skype, Dropbox, I tried them all) I am always stuck forever at Checking with the loading icon.

2. when I open up Nokia Store, it is forever stuck with the loading icon. Strangely though, I can download and install the tools for Developer Mode.

3. when I open up the browser, ie: Web, Aurora, I can only load Google Search (mobile) and its results page. links, bookmarks, other URL will not load at all. on Web all it shows is a tiny portion of the loading bar, which then stucks there forever.

I tried to find solutions for these problems, including using the Terminal to purge all wifi and proxy settings using the following commands:

• gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
  • gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
  • gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso

I also tried setting my WiFi network's proxy settings on my phone to No Proxy as well as Manual, with the settings left blank.

I tried rebooting it many times over to no success.

And for everyone's information, my N9 is currently running PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_005) on MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan. I hope someone out there can pinpoint the root of the cause and provide a solution to the above issues.

Many thanks - I have much hope in this community, thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: So many problems - no solution

At no point do you mention having tried resetting device to factory defaults or re-installing/flashing device software as you seem to have liked tinkering under the hood!

Don't expect to get anywhere with Dropbox as currently using incorrect API, look at cuteBox 1.1 from here instead:http://www.genera.ro/?p=56

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
SkipperLee

Re: So many problems - no solution

Those two are within my considerations as last resort, which I unfortunately still had to execute.
I reset the phone to factory settings and tried connecting to all my services again...

Nope, still not working.
I was exploring my options and decided to open a virtual access point on my WiFi router.
Turns out that got things working now.

So I think it could be incompatibility with my prior WiFi settings.
Not sure where and how, though.

Please use plain text.