Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Synchronising MS Outlook Contacts/Calendar wit...

Advisor

Synchronising MS Outlook Contacts/Calendar with N900

I understand Nokia PC Suite won't work with the N900. If this is correct, how can I sync my contact/calender between PC and N900 the way I currently do with my N95

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: Synchronising MS Outlook Contacts/Calendar with N900

Absolutely 1000000% works with Outlook via the current PC suite to sync contacts, calendar entries, notes. OVI suite is not supported.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

thanks.  this is good news.

i cant believe they are trying to move OVI into everything and it is STILL not clutch like the pc suite, and they are STILL pushing with this n900 and it is not compatible.

you would think that n900 and booklet 3g would both be flawless on this OVI push.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Sage
TRDN900

Absolutely 1000000% works with Outlook via the current PC suite to sync contacts, calendar entries, notes. OVI suite is not supported.

U right bro... 1000000000000000000000% ur right

and one more thing OVI coominng soon for N900 like APP store, guys just give time and chance to nokia, me also want OVI and software

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Well that seem's pretty certain then!!!!! Have you actually used the N900. If so how do you rate it's looks/performance. Is it half as look as I'm lead to believe it is. I really hope it is as I'm itching to give myself the excuse to buy one!!

Cheers

Message Edited by TheJoker64 on 28-Nov-2009 04:44 PM
Please use plain text.

No it does not support 1.000.000% sure. And I have N900 with BIG disapoinment.

N900 does not support PCSuite or OVI client. And those programs are telling it to you.

I contacted to Nokia support here in Finland and their answer was terrible: they did not promise support of those and

I can download some 3rd party software to do sychronizarion but they did not tell does them exist.

And also they told that development organization does not have any plans to do any changes to those two

applications!

This is something I really did not expect. I feel very stupid that I bought that phone. Ofcourse I expected that PCSuite or

OVI client support is alive and working from day 1.

Also my company uses Exchange email, contacts and calendar but N900 Mail for Exchange does not work. Allways communications error with Exchange server. Nokia support gave same answer to that too and wiches me to contact to Microsoft. Ofcourse there is no client available for Microsoft LiveMeeting or Office Communicator too.

So, my last possibility to sync anything was gone. Now I am using IMAP mail client with Exchange without any sync options available at all. Lousy phone but even more lousier support!!! Anyhow, I can play Bounce with that thing and even I can call but thats it.

What I am doing with this??? Moving back to E90 where all those things work fine.

So, Nokia, when does PCSuite or OVI client syncronization with Outlook come and when does Mail for Exchange client work?

Please use plain text.
Professor

please take care whem reading posts.  pc-suite works to sync outlook.  I use it to sync my corporate pc and my home pc
Please use plain text.

Please read also carefully: it does not synchronize with Outlook 2007 because it does not have full support for N900.

Or perhaps you can tell how you can sychronize your calendar, contacts, notes etc. with N900?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. I'm now REALLY REALLY confused. Some people say Nokia PC Suite works and some say it doesn't. How can this be? Surely it either works or it doesn't. I really do fancy buying a N900 as I think it would be a perfect upgrade to my N95 but at £499 I'm now not really confident that it's worth the gamble which I feel is a shame, but not having picture messaging I could live with but not being able to sync my contacts, calender and notes is a different matter.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Ovi suite does not work at all, at the moment

PC Suite works a bit.. 

That's pretty much the size of it!

The Syncing support on the N900 needs a lot of work, best not to expect/rely on it at the moment

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

AllwaysInBeta wrote:

Please read also carefully: it does not synchronize with Outlook 2007 because it does not have full support for N900.

Or perhaps you can tell how you can sychronize your calendar, contacts, notes etc. with N900?

yes. this pc suite works with win7 and n900.

oddly though, i have it working right out of the box on my booklet 3g and it syncs with pc suite fine, but my destop pc suite cannot see the unit and when i connect it through the bluetooh product, it connects as another computer (only through bt)  but it syncs fine with the cable connected and pc recognizes it that way.

Please use plain text.
Professor

AAllwaysinBeta... are you trying to use MFE with Exchange 2007?  Then you are correct Bug in MFE it only works with Exchange 2003...but that is not what OP asked or I replied.

Use latest version of PC Suite, hook N900  via USB (not all desktops have a bluetooth stack that is compatible with N900 and N900 is missing some BT modem drivers) configure sync and it will sync with Outlook 2003 / 2007 client... done simple I do it every 15 minutes 5 days a week,

Please use plain text.

SORRY BUT WHATS THIS ????

This is not a Professionell Phone for Buisness.

Its a Joke that it dosent works with a standard configure of Exchange 2003.

Most of the companies are working with this.

I hope Nokia brings a Softwareupdate as soon as possible.

Up to this point my new Phone N900 is a short step before the Trash.

Happy Day from a confused Nokia User.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

DrEJV wrote:

AAllwaysinBeta... are you trying to use MFE with Exchange 2007?  Then you are correct Bug in MFE it only works with Exchange 2003...but that is not what OP asked or I replied.

Use latest version of PC Suite, hook N900  via USB (not all desktops have a bluetooth stack that is compatible with N900 and N900 is missing some BT modem drivers) configure sync and it will sync with Outlook 2003 / 2007 client... done simple I do it every 15 minutes 5 days a week,

this is correct.  btw, do not bother to update your bluetooth drivers with broadcom.  itll just make a mess of it all.

the drivers are just not there yet for some pc's.  id wait until the next firmware and see if they add them to it and for the mean time, just use a cable.  its not that big a deal for a short period of time!  :smileywink:

i kudo'd you DrEJV

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Many thanks for that. I'm begining to feel a lot more optomistic about the N900 now. So IT CAN sync calender etc between phone and Vista PC, ok only via cable, but hell as you say, thats livable!!! Anyway, that may even be fixed in the next firmware update.

I think I may feel an early Christmas present to myself coming....

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've just setup my N900. Thanks everyone for their contributions as I now have it synchronising with Office 2007 via blue tooth but was not easy to set up.

Tried bluetooth first but to no avail.

I think the trick is downloading the latest Nokia PC Suite, connect via cable initially, also allows you to activate the pc sync option (under settings, connectivity, Transfer & Sync, PC Suite) on the phone. This method worked.

Then disconnected cable, activated bluetooth on phone. Ever since then, even after restarting the phone, it is syncing via bluetooth.

Versions:

Nokia PC Suite: 7.1.40.1

Windows XP: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Outlook 2007: 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO 12.0.6425.1000

N900: Maemo 5, 1.2009.42-11

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

calm down guys, I use Outlook 2007 on my HP and it worked fine
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm using Outlook 2007 with PC Suite 7.1.40.1 and it works fine.  I'm sync'ing calendar, notes, and tasks at the moment.  I have not tried contacts yet as we're getting ready to go through a migration here at work and my contacts, so I hear, are going to get jacked up.  I don't want to screw up what's in my phone.

I am, however, sync'ing my contacts and calendar to Google via MFE.  I treat my N900 as the center of all this.  The N900 over-rides conflicts to Outlook and Google so whatever is in the N900 rules cause the N900 RULES!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

has anyone had the luck to get their contacts to sync with subfolders? I cannot get the subfolders in outlook "contacts" to sync. Also the option to list by company name, last name is not an option.

I list some people by last name, first name.....and others company name, last name.

anyone know of a 3rd party software to sync like chapura for palm?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am not sure that it works properly!!!

I fight with the calendar syncing since I got my N900.

I had to destroy or remove or what? my CALENDARDB (according the advice of cpitchford in the topic /discussions/board/message?board.id=maemo&message.id=2538&query.id=218072#M2538). It solved my problem with always running Calendar, using all CPU and eating batery.

But now in N900 I see only new appointments. Old are visible in Outlook but in PC Suite too! I do not understan this. In addition, from time to time, all items from Outook revive in N900 but it cause, that Calendar starts running 100% CPU again and batery is empty in 6 hours

I tried all what come to my mind but without any succes.

So Maemo 5 ver. 2.2009.51-1 doesn't wokt with PC Suite or Outlook. And do not work with MfE 2003. It means no reasonable way to keep calendar up-to-date.

Please use plain text.