Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Synchronizing n900 with Google Mail, Calendar,...

Advisor

Re: Synchronizing n900 with Google Mail, Calendar, and Contacts

I have not had any trouble with syncing after adding images to my contacts. 

However, you can check and see if anyone else is experiecing your bug by searching the Maemo bug database.  If you find it there you can register and then vote to prioritize the bug.  If you don't find it, then you should register and submit a new bug.

Please be sure to search the bug database well to confirm your bug has not already been submitted before submitting a new bug.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks dboreham for offering so much help.

It looks like your company, Nuevasync, is offering a service that overlaps with Nokia's new push e-mail service offered through the Ovi platform.  This functionality ships on the N900 (as well as the N85 8MP, N97, etc.).  I assume it was technology acquired as part of Intellisync.

So, when I set up my Gmail account on my N900 it also automatically set up the push-mail service after asking me for a few operating parameters, i.e. what hours I would like the service to be active.

Could this be interfering with your service?

Please use plain text.

Drew_Freyman wrote:

Could this be interfering with your service?

I doubt it. The problem relates to quite low level networking functionality (establishing an SSL connection). It's hard to imagine anything the user could do that could interfere with that.

Please use plain text.

laroma wrote:
I'm not able to pass this step

3rd  Filling in the fields as:

a. Server: m.google.com

b. Port: 443

After I click next, I'm getting something like "Secure connection needed, or account is disabled". Secure port is selected and my google account is not disable. Same thing happens with nuevasync

Hi, we diagnosed this issue with the help of our of our users. I've filed a bug with the details : https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7357

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ympk

Any method to sync N900 with Gcal without involving mail for exchange?

I need the mail for exchange feature for another email account... and apparently there can be only one account in this feature.

Any other way to sync N900 with google calendar?

i thought of syncing (sharing) my google calendar with the exchange account I am currently using, but it didn't work. I was able to see the shared calendar using outlook client on PC but not the events in it.

Thanks all~!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

Re: Any method to sync N900 with Gcal without involving mail for exchange?

you can only sync one google calendar with mfe, but you can downl;oad an app from the app manager to sync another google account, just enable the devels, and than serch for "google" and the app will show up, can't remember its name .
Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: Any method to sync N900 with Gcal without involving mail for exchange?

has anyone been successful at syncing thier ggogle calendar/contacts/notes with their n900 and outlook too? if so, please explain!
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
freddyp

That worked perfectly for me once I got the username right - thanks, Drew. When I was setting it up, I selected manual synchronisation. I'd now like to change that but I can't find where I go to edit the settings. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.