Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Three UK sim and N900.. any update yet?

Registered Member

Three UK sim and N900.. any update yet?

Does anyone know if there is any kind of update released yet that allows a Three UK sim card to be used on N900?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

As far as i know, no... and its just three, not just three uk, same problem everywhere. 

you can check status here, my browser auto-completes the product code now :smileyhappy:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/software-update-availabilit... 

Message Edited by Valazzar on 09-Jan-2010 12:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor

search for another post here... one of the chaps was getting a new sim sent to him by 3 that was suppose to work.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

afaik he hasn't reported back that it actually did work though, i remain (very) sceptical to that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

In Italy 3 works good with N900, any chance that a italian N900 with italian 3 sim will work in uk?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

if it works in italy, it will work in the uk as well i should think. as long as the sim is the same one.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Though obviously you'll incur international roaming charges for using an italian sim in the UK..

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Luckly 3 Italy gives you the opportunity to use your contract in UK as well with no extra charges for data. So you think it should work in UK as well if it works in Italy??? It's not a problem of 3UK operator?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Are you sure they still do that? here they removed the "3 like home" when the reduced EU roaming charges were implemented. which is not long ago.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes i'm sure, i asked several times in the past days. But i remain with my problem: will my italian 3 USIM work in UK with N900?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i see no reason why it wouldn't work.

either the phone works with the sim or it doesen't, has nothing to do with the network. the only reason there is an issue with 3 in general, is because in general...they use sims that dont work in the n900.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I really hope you are right Valazzar, on tuesday i will receive the N900 and i will get my italian 3 contract, let's cross the fingers...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

A new firmware has been released today.. it is available for UK users.. use the app manager and select update to install the new software..

Anyone with Three able to download and let us know if your sim problems are fixed?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Unfortunately for 3 UK sims owners it seems that that bug was not fixed with this minor update. It is a shame for Nokia, they shuld care more about costumers! What we have here is just some minor fix, including icons in the application manager.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the answers, if the problem with 3 is not on the network but just on the sim cards then with my italian 3 card it should work fine in UK. Thanks again! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yea just confirmed it myself... I just bought my N900 an hour ago updated it and it displays sim card rejected! 

=( 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Same here. Tried last night and went to post results on here. N900 wouldn't let me log in here :smileymad:

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just to confirm to you guys... It was a UK N900 from the Manchester Nokia store. And i was using a 3 UK sim card that is approximately one year old.

I hope that helps someone out there who maybe able to make a quick fix for this issue! I really want my "Mobile Computer!" LOL XD 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have been waiting for a firmware update for Nokia N900 to work with my 3 UK sim card, im running the latest firmware 1.2009.44.1, when ever i insert my sim i get "Sim Card Rejected".

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Join the band wagon my friend! What makes it even worse Nokia have said NOTHING ON THE ISSUE as to why or when it is going to get fixed... Looking at the timescale it took for Nokia to even attempt fixing there N97 handset. I took mine back for a full refund. I think ill just put it in savings until they either fix the issue, or something else comes out that is equipped for my needs...

Nokia AGAIN a huge disappointment... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Todays update 2.2009.51-1 appears to have fixed the issue. Just checked with one of my 3 sims that was previously rejected

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.