I've been trying to setup an account with Track and Protect app and I never received the SMS confirmation. I've sent several emails to support and never got a reply. I went to the website and they don't have the N9 listed.
Does anyone know if they support N9 and is there a solution on how to create an account for N9?
2013-01-18 19:53 - edited 2013-01-18 19:54
Presumably you set a password when you started application for first time? Have you tried logging on via PC using phone number & password @ https://www.trackandprotect.com/
Symbian specialist until 31/01/2013 with interests in Maemo & MeeGo but an aversion to Windows!
2013-05-17 16:47 - edited 2013-05-17 17:10
That service no longer works either. Another in a long line of services, software and plugins that are failing on the N9 and that Nokia refuses to fix even though we are still in the 2 year EU warranty period. Lets go thru the list off the top of my head:
1. Integrated Dropbox no longer works - official Nokia stance is they will not fix it. They will tell you to find an alternative in the market.
2. Evernote plugin - official Nokia stance is they will not fix it. You can still download it but it's of no use.
3. Track and Protect - doesn't work and forget about Nokia addressing it.
4. Google MfE - can't sync contacts anymore. Nokia will breathe a sigh of relief as they have nothing to do with this as this is a Google decision.
5. Battery bug where the battery will just drop down to 4% - Nokia has know about this one since the beginning but nada.
You know, I could go on and on but you get the drift I'm sure. Don't expect any help, support or even an acknowledgment when you send a support email in. I sent one just for the heck of it a month ago and never got a response to it all. Unless you have a junk Lumia they could care less about your issue.