Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to update to version 40.2012.21-3 on N9

bosslopes16

Unable to update to version 40.2012.21-3 on N9

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I can't update my device (Nokia N9) to the latest software version (40.2012.21-3).

My device is Portuguese (from Portugal) and in your website http://www.nokia.com/pt-pt/apoio/produto/n9-00/ it says that the latest version is available.

The question is I can't seem to update the device from the nokia suite software neither within the phone.

Please someone help me.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bosslopes16

If you would like to post the seven character alphanumeric product code on underside of SIM tray I'll have a look for you. Remeber that warranty implications aside as this device runs open source software there are ways to circumvent this predicament should support for this device be drying up.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
bosslopes16

Here is the SIM tray number: 059M1L6.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zezruspa

Well, i have the same problem... it appears that Nokia released PR 1.3 for 16Gb phones and forgot the 64Gb update!

Please use plain text.
bosslopes16

[ Edited ]

Mine is 64GB too.

Some weeks ago, I noticed that nokia released PR1.3 to a 16GB model to my country (Portugal) but still no 64GB version.

I don't understand why this is happening.

Is that dificult for nokia to port the 16GB to 64GB?

Moderator's notes: software mention removed

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DecuTa

Hello and Happy New 2013 Year! I'm experiencing some problems with the latest update for N9. I installed Nokia Suite, because the update doesn't appear on my phone (it says 'device is up-to-date'). After installing the suite on my PC I checked for the new version of the software, which for me, in Bulgaria, is 40.2012.21-3. Then I connected my N9 via Bluetooth to the Nokia Suite. I clicked on the update, then clicked START. Right after that Nokia Suite tells me: 'Switch connection type. ...connect your phone with a USB cable in the Nokia Suite connection mode'. When I connected the phone with the USB cable on the phone appears only 'Use mass storage' and 'Sync and connect'. Nothing like 'Nokia Suite', 'OVI Suite' or something like this appears! Please, what can I do? How to update my phone? I'm desperate already, because I've contacted several times the local Nokia Support and they tell me nothing! PLEASE! HELP!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

DecuTa wrote:
connect your phone with a USB cable in the Nokia Suite connection mode'. When I connected the phone with the USB cable on the phone appears only 'Use mass storage' and 'Sync and connect'.

Use Sync and connect mode to load the correct drivers.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DecuTa

It doesn't work... :smileysad:((
Please use plain text.