Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Updating new firmware

Counsellor

Updating new firmware

A couple of days ago I saw something flashing on my N900. Turned out it was a firm update notification. Decided to update there and then via the phone. I suppose this is what some of you call: over the air....

Anyway it went extremely well.  For those of you having problems using the * and # to check the balance of your phone, this update included the USSD Pad. As such checking your balance should be very easy now. A digital keyboard pops up whenever you want to use the physical keys, giving you the option of using the physical keyboard or the digital one, which I prefer. I do not know what other things have been updated. I have seen that the Ovi Store has more apps. Don't know whether this has anything to do with updating. In any case, if you are planning a romantic dinner for two, and you forgot to buy candles, there is a very nice free app, which turns your N900 in a beautiful burning candle....if the dinner gets too boring, you can also use the free moo box...

Please use plain text.