Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Upgrade path from PR1.1 to PR1.3

Advisor
absynth30
Accepted Solution

Upgrade path from PR1.1 to PR1.3

Hi,

I would like to know  if it is possible to upgrade from PR1.1 to PR1.3. Currently my phone displays that only PR1.2 update available but i have a feeling that it is an incremental upgrade. Can anyone confirm this?

So far i did not upgrade because of many complaints about battery drain. I hope this is fixed now in PR1.3

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Upgrade path from PR1.1 to PR1.3

@absynth30

You raise an interesting point in that updates by FOTA are incremental by nature, whereas updating via standalone Nokia Software Updater or latest Nokia Suite Beta are the complete firmware. It might be expected that whilst you could update directly from PR1.1 to PR1.3 using these applications, I wonder whether FOTA PR1.3 would be shown to a device remaining upon PR1.1.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

well currently in NSU i only have the option for PR1.2 so i guess i will wait a little bit

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

while it is feasable if you wanted to "flash" your device with a complete firmware of pr1.3 from pr1.1....

i would update to pr1.2 and then reboot and then search for the next update to pr1.3 as there were Qt components that were part of the pr1.2 that could/may be needed to help make the transition smoother with less room for error. :smileywink:

but, it is your device and it is your decision to do what you want! not like you need to jailbreak it! :smileytongue:

btw...just did pr1.3 update on my second device now. so far, seems much more fluid. had some hickups on my finland device, so flashed it, but my personal that i do everything with is working flawlessly so far, and my theme, if you want to use it, also works flawlessly with this update!

:smileywink:

HTH.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Advisor
absynth30

In the end i received the update notification on my mobile and also check in NSU so i decided to upgrade from PR1.1 to PR1.3. It Worked i did not encounter any issue. N9 is much faster now in PR1.3

Please use plain text.