Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Warranty issues N900&E7

Contributor
Spirit_force
Accepted Solution

Warranty issues N900&E7

Two weeks ago the usb port on my N900 came out. I took it to nokia care point which send it for a warranty repair. It took two weeks and I got E7, which is not equivalent to N900. I just got told it's company policy. Got home and turned on the E7. Immediately noticed that the slider for locking the phone is broken. Today I went back to the same nokia care point and I got told I need to send it back to warranty repairs. I asked can I have a subtitute device until I get my phone back. They told me no. They suggested I should buy another phone to use during the warranty repairs. So I'm not too happy about needing to send it back since I just got it. I live in Finland but they send the phone to Czech for bigger warranty repairs.

1) I bought N900 because I wanted a linux based device so E7 is not equivalent, N9 would be.

2) The E7 I got as warranty replacement was broken when I got it.

3) How on earth it can take 2 weeks to get a replacement phone? When the port came out I could see that the pads came out with it so it was impossible to fix. The nokia care point guy also said the same thing.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Warranty issues N900&E7

You need to call Nokia care and make a complaint about the service you've received at the care point.

www.nokia.com/contact-us

Most care points are independently run companies acting under licence from Nokia. They should not have given you a broken phone or treated you like that so you really should speak directly with Nokia about it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spirit_force

I contacted Nokia care twice about the service I got before making this thread. They said there is nothing that they can do since the service point is independent. 

For the first time I contacted Nokia care was to ask could I exchange the E7 for N9. They told me it's company policy to give you a E7. Told them I know cases here in Finland were users have gotten N9. After a long silence they said that both devices have been given as replacements.. Asked could I exchange E7 for N9. They told me no. I still had all the protective plastics on and I haven't turned on the device.

After I turned on the E7 I contacted Nokia care for the second time (about the D.O.A. slider on the replacement device). The only advice I got was to drive to another town to try out a different nokia care point.. 

I'm really dissapointed in Nokia. When I'm going to buy my next phone it most likely won't be a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you considered submitting a formal written complaint? Nokia care will be able to give you the address. They respond to those if you detail your issues in a professional manor.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spirit_force

That might be one way of dealing with it, but I don't have my hopes up since they say the E7 is the replacement phone and the care point is independent so they can't effect how they go about their repairs.

One way would be to contact someone higher up. I know in many companies the customer service people don't have the authority to do anything in problem cases. Bit tired of these warranty claims since I've had to do over a dozen during this year (other cases have been with other companies).. It has been quite interesting to see how the warranty issues are dealt in different companies. Example: my Logitech keyboard (diNovo) stopped working and I contacted Logitech. Only needed to tell the issues I had and show a proof of ownership to get a new keyboard. Five days after I had first contacted them I had new keyboard (diNovo Edge) delivered to me. That is one of the top end products from Logitech as the N900/E7 is for Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

The people that deal with the written complaints have more power to try and rectify a situation than the people on the phone do. Obviously there's nothing stopping you going straight to the top and emailing Stephen Elop (address easily found on Google) but you'll probably only get passed back to nokia care.

The choice is yours really, submit an official complaint through the correct channels or walk away and buy another brand. Unfortunately there's nothing further that can be done to help you here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spirit_force

There's no point in sending a complaint to CEO since he won't deal with anything like that. I was thinking more about contacting a supervisor at Nokia care. Maybe a written complaint could resolve this. This is just a lot of hassle for a thing that should be taken care of without customer sending written complaints.

My point for posting here was to let people know how Nokia or it's care points threat their customers. If all the users that get miss treated would voice out their problems Nokia would be forced to improve how the warranty cases are being dealt with.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spirit_force

Got the issue solved by contacting Nokia with a written formal reclamation letter. I'll be exchanging the E7 to a N9. The replacement should arrive to my nearest Nokia Care point where I'll make the exchange. So Nokia seems to care about their customers it's just that the regular customer service people don't have the authority to rectify things. The after sales guy that called me was very nice and understood my problem. The after sales was super fast to contact me since I sent the letter on Sunday with mail. :smileyhappy:

Thank you psychomania for your encouragement for seeing this thing through. It just so frustrating that the companies make customers jump all the hoops to get things rectified. I've also been fighting with my carrier for two weeks now since someone in their end screwed up my deal. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Glad you got it resolved in the end, it's not an ideal way to have had to go about it but you got there in the end. :smileyhappy:

Enjoy your new N9!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zayiah

hi could you send me the email address of the person you spoke to or who to contact? I am also having a similar problem with my nokia E7 the Camera is not working at the back. I purchased the phone in the USA. I cant seem to get problem solved. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi zayiah,

As the original poster is living in Finland and has been dealing with Finnish Nokia Care, it would not help you to contact the same persons. You should contact the Nokia Care line in the USA to discuss about your options. They should be able to tell what you should do next. Here are also links to the warranty statement in the USA and the warranty verification.

Hope you get the issue solved!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.