Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

WhatsAPP on N9

Sage
coopere

Re: WhatsAPP on N9

so they have an s40 version but not meego. smh.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rmstreak

In response to your inquiry we would like to inform you that we don't know when exactly the next update will release for your device, but we assure to you that whats app is going to be available as soon as possible in the next update.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
igorlt78

rmstreak

You work for whatsapp?

So, are you telling us that Whatsapp will be available for N9?

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

mstreak's number of posts is a massive TWO. Bet that was BS, because I read on another forum somewhere very recently that WhatsApp have yet again stated that they have no plans to release it for the N9. Therefore, I don't think it's coming.
Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
janelowsg

the N9 is really good phone, but without whatsapp this is not a perfect phone! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
sedi

returning my phone today

Please use plain text.
janelowsg

return to nokia? i also wish to return :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jaripi

Hmmmm, can I ask why to use Whatsapp at all ? - You can use just fb for text messaging ... and a good point is that your battery will also last clearly longer without Whatsapp (when using just fb) ... 

Please use plain text.
krabiah

Hi All,

sorry for my previous post I thought it will be helpful :smileysad:

any way try this one

http://www.change.org/petitions/what...app-messenger#

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

Can't believe some of you guys returned your N9 because it doesn't have WhatsApp. I agree that it a nice app, have used it on Android and Windows Phone and am missing a lot on my N9. But I am not returning it cause of that. Also it's free only for a year, then we have to pay.

eBuddy xms is available for the N9 which is also available for Android, Windows Phone,Symbian, iOS and BlackBerry. Also Liveprofile has promised support and I think KIK is on board as well. I thiink WhatsApp popularity might die when they apply the $1.99 fee, and people will start migrating towards Liveprofile, KIK and eBuddy.

everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eraffoul

we really need whatsapp for n9 and the thing is that this app is the most popular between them all other looklike whatsapp apps...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
roberth

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eraffoul

hope this goes well for the developpers i'm no programmer but i can help maybe donate something is it helps getting whatsapp ported to n9.

Please use plain text.
Flutterby128

Hi, Not all our contacts are on FB. That's why we can't use it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eraffoul

you can also scan your phone contacts
but it is really in early stages an no one has it so we need whatsapp for n9
hope we can get alien dalvik or acl for n9 soon
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
t_galal

Whatsapp is coming to N9 within a week :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eraffoul

really ???!!!
This is gd news but can you share more info about this matter
Please use plain text.
omar451451

Is this piece of news true ? If yes then just update whenever we have the application available! ....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eraffoul

the best thing nokia can do is create an app just like Alien Dalvik or ACL than allows to install and run symbian apps on all theis other devices
Please use plain text.
Sage
winny

Please use plain text.