Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Where are the PR1.1?

Advisor
Thekholm

Where are the PR1.1?

Hi, Nokia! Where is the update to my Nokia N9 that has been out for weeks now? This is not ok, you should again look at Apple! When a update comes all people will get it! Should I once again go back to iPhone and never look back? I love my Nokia N9 but there are many many small bugs on it, if you never will get an update then is time to go away from Nokia... Best regards Thorbjörn
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What small bugs are you experiencing? Perhaps we can help you with some of them?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thekholm

Hi Cjlim, Bugs: Wi-Fi drop outs, sign in problem, lag in the Meego touch system (some apps are mush better), program update doesn't work (if I look in all my download, I can see update for apps), notification when using something else (shows up but some times just a black bar with no info) and so on... Other stuff: Almost no Mac support from computer, where are the updates? DLNA, front camera not in use (clear bug), Vimeo app (Shows up under apps on Nokia website), Fm Radio, low volume and so on... I am no rookie, I know there is some apps and even updates that's coming! I have reset the phone twice and done backups re-enter all info on to accounts! And so on... Best regards Thorbjörn
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ammarmalik166

no update here either in MEA region N9. WTH is Nokia doing? It's not like they have a million different phones to update so whats taking so freakin long??
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GPS10

I hope they listen to you guys, really. I wonder myself what would happen with Nokia if all the potential iP owners already switched to N9 would go back and take thousands of long time customers of Nokia with them... they promissed support till 2015 at least... where is it?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thekholm

I Agree!

If Nokia want people to go from iPhone, they will have to work alot harder... Better to release a product that works with what it have, instead of a bugy product with alot of features.

Best regards

Thorbjörn

PS: Come on Nokia release the update to all N9 Users! Or many will go back to iPhone and never by another Nokia product.

Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

My guess is that nokia is working very hard on updates for the lumnia. Remember, the n9 is an exotic in the nokia landscape. Resources will soon be reallocated if not already. Updates are bound to have low priority for clear reasons.
Please use plain text.
skyr2m

I am starting to regret purhasing the N9. Should have just upgraded to iPhone or waited for WP8.

Still have not recieved the update, poor show, especially as Nokia stated that all of its N9's would recieve the update within two weeks.

My biggest gripes is that the copy/paste functionality is a joke, typing in addresses in the browser does not work well, going back in the browser is hit and miss, gps major power drain, also spending time writing a reply to someone in facebook only to have that message disappear with a message like 'No connection'.

Like the screen, form factor and maps.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GPS10

I think we should give Nokia a try - will see after PR 1.2 comes out. If to abandon N9 wrong way would be to go to Windows for the same principle we all know...
Nokia management doesn't see N9 support as a positive thing for Lumia as well - I cant help them to figure that out...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thekholm

Well,

It`s time for Nokia to take action. Otherwise people will change to iPhone (i will anyway). How can we all live with a bug product? Are we beta testers that have paid alot of money?

Best regards

Thorbjörn

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qvarnstrom

I agree. I was aware of that the N9 would lack a rich eco-system and that future updates would be sparse but I went ahead and bought one anyway because I thought "hey, I basically never update my iPhone, I never use other apps than maps, facebook, mail and the standard ones that came with the phone so that's alright".

And it would have been alright if only the promised already there features had worked properly on the N9 but they DON'T!

Tearing my hair everyday hoping that the PR 1.1 will be available in Sweden any day now and that it will make a difference.

Please use plain text.
Charlybkk

Dear Team

I am getting for the last years Bangkok Post SMS daily without any problem.

Now I have a Nokia N9 64 GB phone and I have the problem (like my friends) that we receive the message but by clicking on the message the message disappear.

If I connect my Nokia N9 with Bluetooth to my laptop by using Nokia Suites all the messages are there but we cannot find them in the Nokia N9.

Any comment, advise would be very much appreciated.

Please use plain text.