Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why the internet is so slow through WiFi?

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

Why the internet is so slow through WiFi?

I have connected my n900 with my Wifi internet at my house. The internet is fast, but why when I open the website by using my N900 it's so slow. Even watch youtube, I can't do it. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i can't speak for your internet connection but mine is almost as fast as my loptop, my laptop is an 802.11n while my phone is only 802.11g.  I would look at your router and see at what connection your phone is connecting at, 802.11 b or g.  802.11b is only 11mbps while 802.11g is 54 mbps.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i dont know mine is running correct there is no problem therefore i cant describe this why it is running slow on your phone it is speechless.......mine is also running like a laptop and i forgot what is computer mine whole time spends on N900.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Have you tried (1) signal strength of your connection and (2) turning up the power saving settings in you N900? It is configured by default to draw the least power for WiFi being battery challenged as it is, so perhaps thats the problem. 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thank you for your help. I have tried turning up the power saving setting, and it works. 

Now i have no problem with the internet at all.

Thank you so much... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I am facing same issue where should I turn the power saving mode.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor

hey where do you find the power setting help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

settings, display, all the way down
Please use plain text.