Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: can n900 run android apps ??

Advisor
mnmnmn

can n900 run android apps ??

hi

can n900 run android apps on its maemo 5 ?

can it run the ordinary symbian s60 5th apps ?

if not what kind of apps are available for it 

i searched for apps but i didn't find many apps, when i used to search for symbian i'd find much much many apps

thnxx

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

go to www.maemo.org or just go to apps manager on your phone. theres hundreds of apps out already.

android apps will only run if youve got dualboot nitdroid on your device.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

install the following catalogs:

extras

extras-testing

extras-devel

you will see there are over 1200 there.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

Also bare in mind that S60 has full Java Mobile support, whereas Maemo 5 doesn't, so S60 gets a lot of apps from there (although a lot of them being somewhat dodgy).:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Professor

ceroberts75 wrote:

install the following catalogs:

extras

extras-testing

extras-devel

you will see there are over 1200 there.

Probably not a good idea to tell someone who hasn't heard of those catalogs to install and download from them though, at least without proper warning.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

enable the extras and the testings, they should be save .

and you can get nfs undercover, asphalte 5 hd, tony clancy's hawx, nova, sims 3.... OOPS that was bad, but i have them all :smileywink: but can;t post anything about them here, as that might be considered piracing, i was banned for 24 hours from another forum for "talking" about them .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage

elie7 wrote:

enable the extras and the testings, they should be save .

and you can get nfs undercover, asphalte 5 hd, tony clancy's hawx, nova, sims 3.... OOPS that was bad, but i have them all :smileywink: but can;t post anything about them here, as that might be considered piracing, i was banned for 24 hours from another forum for "talking" about them .

Dude, you must be smoking your socks or something, because none of those games are available for Maemo.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

yuup... those are some good socks too simong!  :smileywink:

PM.

Please use plain text.
Sage

It seems I will have to eat humble pie!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

i have to do that often! thats what happens when you blog so much...you eventualy get a few slices!

kinda tastes like mumbleberry to me! how about you?

lol
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

no i'm not smoking weed at all :smileytongue:

yes i do have them all in .debs and they work perfectly, since ceroberts 75 altready pm you than u probably don't need my help .

btw these are the games that i have, pm if wanyone want one with step by step instructions to install .

nfs undercover, hero of sparta, assasins greed (needs multitouch to finish the levels), sims3, n.o.v.a, Letsgolf, brainchallenge, ea Monopoly, h.a.w.x, driver, Buka, Earth worm jim, Oregon tail, Radiant, Ground effect pro, Plasma cannon, Tetris, Brothers in arm, CAstle of Magic, B;ades of fury, Battleship, nfl 2010 .

these are the games that works perfectly without multitouch **bleep**....http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/Game_Compatibility

Please use plain text.
Sage

And just for being nice, I will give you both kudos.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Mine tastes a bit like Elie's socks. :smileytongue:

ceroberts75 wrote:
i have to do that often! thats what happens when you blog so much...you eventualy get a few slices!

lol

Please use plain text.
Professor

Can it run Android apps? Not yet, but it could be coming soon, check this out http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=867500#post867500

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

SimonGie wrote:

Mine tastes a bit like Elie's socks. :smileytongue:

ceroberts75 wrote:

lol

hahaha lmao, thanks for the kudos .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnmnmn

so where can i find those hundreds of apps ??

and is there a way to make maemo support java ?

i didn't buy the phone yet, but if there aren't apps for it why would i buy it ?

thanx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnmnmn

extras,  extras-testing,  extras-devel ??

what are they ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

these are applications catalogues u add to the app manager to have more apps .
ok u didn't buy the phone, can u tell us what r u looking for, the n900 is awesome, and i have on it 2 times mor apps than i used to have on my old symbian v3.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnmnmn

so do they harm the phone ?? i was gonig to buy n900 but i thought the OS would be a problem bcuz it's kind new and no other devices are running it, also it doesn't have full support for android, but if the apps are not a problem, i'll go buy it .

and thanx alot

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

[ Edited ]

only the devels may harm the phone, worst case senario you can just reflash, and the phone will turn back as new, and for apps it depends, it has very nice games like nfs undercover, asphalte5, angry birds !, openarena,...... and a big number of nice apps and lovely widgets, but it depends, can you please tell us what kind of apps you like, for example the extras catalogue apps are found here http://downloads.maemo.org/ take a look, and for android, well its working nice, i tried arround 25 apps on it, and all of them worked great, just remember that the downloaded apps from the android marketplace works way better than the built in one, for exaple the opera mini browser on android works a lot faster than the built in one.
and btw i am one of these guys that never used linux before, i didn't even heard of it, but i love my n900, its like an army swiss knife, it can do a lots of things, lately the beta version of usb host mode just camed out (with it you can connect almost everything that connects to a computer via usb, so you can connect keyboards, mouses, dvd drives !! other phones to your n900, but its stil in beta.)

Please use plain text.