My nokia N900 has suddenly has gone into weired loop of showing error message>>rebooting>>again error meesage...
message says "can't flash kernels, required files not found
Guru Meditation #00000025.62017712"
I tried flashing and downloaded "Flasher", "WinFlasher_3.12.1.exe", since I've windows 7 in 32 bit operating system.
It opens properly, but after i give first command "flasher-3.5.exe -F pr1.2.bin -f". It shows prompt command and says nothing about detecting, as lot of post refers to.
Please someone help me on this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Shouldn't it be:-
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
First, Thanks a lot for replying.
Second, I'm not very familiar with linux. I followed the instructions posted by ceroberts75 as sticky at the first page.
1. Download the Flasher
2. Download the latest firmware image for your N900 (you will need your IMEI of the device)
3. when you save the global variant of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "pr1.2.bin"
4. When you save the vanilla file of the firmware to the "flasher-3.5" folder, save it as "vanilla.bin"
5. Turn your phone off
6. launch the flasher-3.5 program
7. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F pr1.2.bin -f
it will then scroll a bunch of gibberish and then say it is looking for a unit.
8. with the phone still off, hold slide the kb open and hold the "U" button while you connect the usb cable to the phone. continue holding the "U" until you see the faint "NOKIA" logo and/or the USB connection symbol in the top right. The flasher will find the device and automatically flash the unit to the original rom
9. after about 1.5 minutes, it will be complete. DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR UNIT!
10. type this command: flasher-3.5.exe -F vanilla.bin -f -R
11. now it should reflash the device and wipe the emmc clean of EVERYTHING. after it reboots, you can disconnect it.
My problem starts after step 7. It doesn't scrolls any thing nor it says its looking for the unit. It keeps going back to prompt command.
I hope somebody can tell me what mistake I'm doing.
I've got the first step solved by keeping the name of downloaded files as it is but now new error has occurred. A new command box appears and says something about writing. But when it reaches 100%, it goes back to first command box. I quite don't know how to explain it so i've attached a picture of it. Behind is the original command box.
Can someone please help me with this problem.
You might also want to access this resource:http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Thank you aspergerguy for your time and effort. But I had send the phone to repair center and they have fixed it. though I had to send money.
However , thanks again for all the reply. I really appreciate your effort.
Think that you can with workaround:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57442&page=