Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to work jar files on nokia n900?

Registered Member
cool2118

how to work jar files on nokia n900?

can somebody tell me how to install jar files on to nokia n900?bcoz the java application dont work on n900....so plz tell me what to do?

and does somebody know how to work on officesuite which can be installed on to it as there is no officesuite(likems word,sheet....etc)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: how to work jar files on nokia n900?

the N900 doesn't support java so it won't run, what app is it? there is something i saw in the devel repo that looked like a java plugin but i haven't tried it yet.

there is an app called abiword that is similar to ms word but i don't know of any excel type apps

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mick_H1

The only native Java support on the N900 is via AJAX which is only for web browsing.

There's a few posts in the Talk section of maemo.org/ about a few hacks that are available, but they are still in "testing" or "devel", so they're far from ready for general release, and they tend to be very hit and miss with most Java apps.

AbiWord does have an "Insert table" function. Not sure if that would serve it's purpose.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

A phrase I coined back at Uni: java is to javascript as C is to C-shell..

Careful not to confuse the two!! ECMAscript (was javascript) isn't java.. it was a terrible marketing idea that ended up calling the thing java script because Java was popular at the time.. *shudder*

I saw gnumeric was running on the N900.. but I'm not sure it's being developed much more
Please use plain text.