Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: i have a problem in contacts & phone

Counsellor
cooldoctor
Accepted Solution

i have a problem in contacts & phone

i have problem in export contacts it doesn't complete exporting and error message appear
and the the other problem is calling and received call i can only make cpmplete one call either received or dialled and if i received or dialled another call the device not responding and i have to restart it and everytime doong that i face this problem after i installed pidgin messenger and msn plugin and kplayer and i uninstalled all of them but still the problem i wish anyone can help
thx alot

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

[ Edited ]

i'm still waiting:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

cooldoctor wrote:

i'm still waiting:smileyhappy:

there are a couple things here. 

you may have corruption in your file system.  is it because of the items you intstalled and then uninstalled?  i dunno.  but if your contacts and calendar are backed up, then i would reinstall the os with NSU then see if it persists.

on the other hand, you sent a message, on a FREE forum, where nice people may help you with YOUR problems, but if you are only going to wait 1 hour before you post again, about how YOU are still waiting, you may still continue to wait.

remember, people here are willing to help others for FREE becuase they take the time to come here and do so, since they play with thier units enough to trouble shoot and share thier information, if you want service now, go pay for it.

i hope that helped.

now, while you may not kudo this post, even though it did give you legitimate information, if there is anyone that has read this and agrees, feel free to kudo in support of the above.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I'm game! +1 for you ceroberts!

On a side note, I'm still not sure what problem the original poster is having... Please repost in much more detail.. don't be afraid to really spell things out..  I think it's been a hard week, I finding the problem threads harder and harder to read today!!

Before you flash your phone, can you try this:

Open this link on your phone:

http://chris.intrepid.cx/N900/debug.sh

Save this link in the Documents folder

Open an X terminal and run enter this command

sh MyDocs/.documents/debug.sh

It will do some stuff (takes about 30 minutes) At the end it will give you an email address.. make a note of it

Now connect you phone to your computer and copy off a file called debug.tgz.. Email that file to the email address provided.. Put your 'cooldoctor' in the subject

Once you've sent me that file, I'll have a look through.. maybe it is something repairable, like ceroberts suggested.. it could be a ferrel package

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

@ceroberts75

first thx for help and for ur time

second  alittle remark u didn't see the date. the first post on 20 april but the second on 21 april that make the second post after a day and an hour :smileywink:

@cpitchford

thx alot for ur help i'll send the e-mail soon

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

googd job, got your mail will look at the info in a bit..in the mean time can you give me more info about the problems..

what apps, what menu items you clicked, go into lots of detail..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

thx cpitchford for ur help
i made a reflash then i restore the backup (i felt after that something go wrong) then i install msn plugin but it didn't sign me in every time freeze when i click sign in i did it couple of time wz no response so i uninstalled it and reinstall it again but same problem stay so i install pidgin messenger and worked good after that i face the problem i can't make or receive more than one call so i uninstall the 2 programs but still the problem after that i noticed that photos take long time to show pictures and the videos too and i tried to export the contacts i couldn't and internal error message appear but i noticed that exporting stopped at the same contact every time .
thx alot for ur help and sorry formlong speech

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

how did you re-flash? did you use flasher or NSU? did you flash the emmc too?

Using backup and restore can be tricky.. If you backup a "broken" phone.. when you do a restore, the problem might come back.. or a different problem might appear..

Which MSN plugin did you install? Butterfly, pecan, haze?

How did you try to export the contacts? Can you tell me which options/buttons you pressed. .

What did the internal error message say? Was it a yellow bar at the top of the screen?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

i reflash using flasher and i flash emmc too.i made a reflash bcoz the mobile went crazy restarted automaticly didn't open just restart over and over i think that was wlan problem.

i made the backup before the restart problem .

i install msn pecan

i pree export then next then all contacts then choose the version i tried both then choose the location.the message is yellow and said internal error application contacts closed

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

i noticed something when i run debug .couple of files had sort of error as i remember they called transfer sync and they are symlink i don't know may that help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Interesting!

When the debug script runs, it does encounter some errors.. but this is normal so they should be hidden.. If you've seen some errors could run the debug script again and post back what they were?

You don't have to let the debug script finish.. you can press CTRL and C at the same time to stop it..

I'm looking through your debug stuff now and there isn't anything glaringly obvious.. I'll keep digging.. and I will have more time later today..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

thx alot chris

this is the error

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

whoa... bad.. ok.. more looking now..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Ok, your emmc is really unhappy.. it's either filesystem corruption causing problems OR and its a hardware fault..

First thing I would suggest is flashing your phone again.. from scratch.. I can help you through doing this..You'll need to use the flasher tool.. and you MUST flash the OS and the EMMC without booting in between..

flasher-3.5 -F OS.bin -f

flasher-3.5 -F emmc.bin -f -R

should do it (change the names of OS.bin and emmc.bin to match the two files you have or will need to download from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

whoa...slow down chris
wat u mean by hardware problem is it something serious ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

i can't reflash now as i'm out now but sure it will be the first thing i'll do when i return
but i have a question how can i flash both os and emmc wzout boot inbetween bcoz as i remeber the device opened automaticly after i flashed the os?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Your device is reporting that it can't read from parts of the emmc.. this could be a fault with the emmc.. Or it could be a corrupted file system that is causing the phone to try and access a part of the emmc that doesn't exist..

A reflash will wipe the emmc and leave it in a good clean consistent state.. so any more errors after that would be more evidence that there could be a hardware failure:

[30322.419036] mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 59777133, nr 3, card status 0x200900
[30322.419067] end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 59777133
[30322.430175] mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 59777134, nr 2, card status 0x200900
[30322.430206] end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 59777134
[30322.441406] mmcblk0: error -110 transferring data, sector 59777135, nr 1, card status 0x200900

The two command lines I gave earlier should be ok.. The -R option means reboot after flashing.. if you remove the -R option it will flash and then sit there..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

i understand now thx alot chris i'll reflash and make debug again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

i reflash the device and i'm going to debug

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cooldoctor

good news the 2 errors i had before they didn't show up this time after i finish debug i will send it to u

Please use plain text.