Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lv or ideal ??

Mobile Visionary
elie7

lv or ideal ??

well my question is wich is more risky lv or ideal ?? because i want to overclock to 250mhz-850mhz , and my phone is stable at ideal, but i can't get it under 500 mhz on ideal, so i just want to know if lv is risky ?

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

Re: lv or ideal ??

lv is less risky. this is because it uses slightly more voltage than ideal. this makes it more stable.

in computers, we often overvolt our cpu/gpu to allow to run more stable at higher overclocks. ie. my radeon 5850 by default runs at 1.08V at 755mhz. when i overvolt it to 1.35V, i can push it to 1100mhz on the core, which makes it one of the fastest single gpu graphics cards floating around at the moment. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
williamdawes

if your device is stable at ideal setting you should use tht though, i  wish i could but ideal causes my device to reboot.

its  strange you cant get it lower than 500 by typing

sudo gainroot

kernel-config load ideal

kernel-config limits 250 850

as the 3rd line should over write the clock speeds set by default in ideal but keep the same voltage

Please use plain text.
Professor
Sever

seems like an issue with his device. mine can maintain 125mhz lower limit at ideal voltage without any issues. perhaps its his device's way of saying it cant handle ideal.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

if you're on the latest kernel you can't go below 500 mhz

notice the avoided freq's

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

just had a look and 'ulv' and 'xlv' are almost identical to 'ideal' except they both use a bit more power @ 500mhz
'ulv' will last longer on stand by where as 'xlv' will last longer whilst idle, all 3 are exactly the same above 500 mhz
so if you wan't more stand by time use 'ulv'
if you want more run time use 'xlv'

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

i am using lv to lower the risks a bit, its running great so far, i know this will consume a bit more battery but its good my limits are at 250-850 .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

you can check the voltage by running
kernel-config show
then load up another 'load' like ulv and run the above command again and compare the power useage. if you don't trust it just load lv again,
you can also profile these and control them fromyour desktop (in theroy) so you could overclock to higher amounts and back down to 850 at the touch of a button (widget) i need to figure out the commands first but i'll let you know

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

holy **bleep**.. im on ideal profile and yet its stable at 125/1000 frequency.. but when i check conky, it never goes down below 500mhz.. im at lost here..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

you can set it to 125 or 250 bit it doesn't mean it will use them

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ichiemie

matthew_maude wrote:

you can set it to 125 or 250 bit it doesn't mean it will use them

yeah, i figured that much after reading jakkiman's guide thoroughly and if i still want to implement the 125 or 250 min frequency im gonna have to use the "avoid frequency" parameters..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

set load to ulv or xlv and that enables 250

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.