Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n9 screen scratched

Professor
theking2

n9 screen scratched

The gorilla glass of my n9 shows quite a lot of scratches. Some of them interfere with screen display. Is there a way to remove these?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

not really. i guess you could try to use a compound scrub like on the car headlight lenses.

but, it may or may not work.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Layer8

My understanding of it is that it's not the glass that gets scratched so easily on the N9, but it's the anti-glare coating on the surface of it. Anyway, it is very frustrating, but not much can be done.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

as Layer8 said....i guess it is that anti=glare coating which starts to fade off and this problem is also visible in lumia800 as well but good thing is normally those scratches are hairline only and they are not visible when phone's display is on
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Thanks all. The scratches themself are barely visible but moire with the pixels and appear as yello or blue verticle lines.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MadMadScientist

Got the same problem. I have my N9 for 2 weeks now; I did not particulary protect the surface, but I always avoided to pack it with keys or similar sharp objects. And there it is - a tiny little nasty and annoying surface scratch. I have expected more from the Gorilla glass. And if it really is only the surface coating - well its still annoying.

There is not much to do to protect a touchscreen - it still wants to be touched...

I really am a little disappointed

Please use plain text.