Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n900 bought in USA can be used in india??

Contributor
ankitag

n900 bought in USA can be used in india??

well i m planning to buy a nokia n900 from US..so will tht phone work in india?? with 2G and 3G networks f india...plz reply...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: n900 bought in USA can be used in india??

same exact phone!

and, if you want to, you can flash to the india varient, only you would have the US qwerty kb.  and if you flash to the india varient, then you will not have skype.

either way, no customer service!

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitag

thnx for ur reply...

so according to u i can use it in india...n wht wld be the benefit of flashing it to indian verison??

can u plz elaborate...it wld be really helpful...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

maybe someone else who is using an india varient can respond to that.

my guess is just language support, and my understanding that there is not the abilitgymto use skype on the india variant.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitag

ohk...thnx for ur suggestions...i wld be better to use US varient   :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi ankitag, I don't see any problems with purchasing a USA N900 handset, mine was bought in HK & it has all the language support.

I have am not sure if the Indian language is included on the N900 sold in that region, but I am certain it should work fine regardless of where you buy it from because unlike other Nokia devices this is a universal internet tablet, I think mine has over 50 languages, that's more than sufficient for me. best regards.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitag

thnx wilson...if have ordered one on amazon...relying on u ppl... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
InvinsibleSach

Hi ankit

Yes you can use US version in INdia and you don't even have to flash it. The only thing is you need to choose a good plan for the data because if N900 is not connected for long online, it tends to freeze.

But I have used in India with almost all the major networks except BSNL and it works perfectly fine.

Njoy N900

Owned Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Nokia 8250, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 9500, Nokia E50, Nokia 8800 , Nokia E71, Nokia N91 4 GB, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N97, iPhone 3GS & finally Nokia N900,Nokia X6, Nokia E55, BB BOLD 9700, iphone 4, Nokia N8; BB Pearl 9100, HTC Legend, & Now Nokia N9. (N900 is the Best)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitag

thnx ppl for all f ur replies...i have become a fan of n900 after reading the reviews on the internet...even i havent used one myself...its out f my budget but still i m buying one..hope it is as gud as being read... :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
xxN900xx

Yes you can most definitely use it. I live in the Philippines but I bought my n900 all the way from New York. I just changed the region and the time. However I am uncertain about the language because I have never checked if the n900 has a Filipino language. But that is of no consequence to me since the language of  all of my phones has always been English. Good luck to you!

Please use plain text.
Sureshram

I bought a Nokia N900 in US and was using it for months in US with out any issues. I am unable use the N900 in India. I am using Airtel network and I am not able to make any outgoing call.

Kindly let me know if you any suggestions.

Please use plain text.

I have used my N900 brought in US in India over BSNL connection and it works great. BSNL 3g reception is really good and also the speed. I did not have any issues w.r.t call or data. I am not sure about Airtel. I just swapped my AT&T sim with BSNL sim card to make it work in India.

Please use plain text.