Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n900 remote 'log me in'

Mobile Visionary
elie7
Accepted Solution

n900 remote 'log me in'

guys i'm looking for an n900 remote for pc, i saw this app that my freind has, its called log me in on the iphone, he can see the pc screen on his iphone and control everything the computer using an on screen mouse, when he moves the mouse on the iphone screen, it moves on the computer screen, and when he opens something lile my computer it opens on both screens, and he can go on the browser watch youtube and.... and it only needs wifi , so is there spmething like that for the n900 ?? please reply guys, i need this one.

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rudei

Yes, there is a solution. On my PC I use UltraVNC Server (http://www.uvnc.com/download/index.html)

Don´t forget to forward the ports in your router to your PC

On the N900 install "VNC Viewer". Just start, enter IP or DynDNS name and password. Done :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

what do u mean with forward the ports on your router ? , and should i register ultraVNC server as a system service ?

and should i start or restart ultraVNC service in the setup ?

sorry for my stupid questions i'm just a newbi by the way kudos for that great post, u just made my day .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rudei

ah lol sorry. I forgot the thread totally :smileyvery-happy:

Yep, UltraVNC Server should run as a system service. Right-click on the UltraVNC Server icon on the bottom right (of the taskbar), then click on "Admin Properties"

In the windows you should set a VNC Password (so only you could connect to the PC)

Under "Display Number of Ports to use" you should select "Ports" and use the standard settings (Main: 5900, Http 5800)

I don´t know which router you have. Just google "Port forwarding"

Here is a guide if you use a Fritz!Box: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/FRITZ/WLAN7170/UltraVNC.htm

On the side you can choose your modem and see the instructions

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

thanks for that, it looks like i didn't need to forward the ports on my router (d-link dir-300 ), it worked like a charm, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage

If you install Firefox from the Ovi store, you can run logmein straight from your phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am facing problem for port forwarding I have D-Link Dir 615 router. Can any one please explain me in details step by step all process.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

go to the maemo wiki page you will find a step by step instructions there, and by the way how can i get log me in in firefox ????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
beachbuoy

I have been on the verge of buying the Samsung galaxy instead of the N900 simply because I badly need the facility to look at my home PC remotely. So, if the Firefox browser really opens logmein.com fully in the browser window I would be delighted. Does it work absolutely fully?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

beachbuoy wrote:

I have been on the verge of buying the Samsung galaxy instead of the N900 simply because I badly need the facility to look at my home PC remotely. So, if the Firefox browser really opens logmein.com fully in the browser window I would be delighted. Does it work absolutely fully?

give it a go, before you blow more money.

just dl firefox and try it.

works fine for me.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor

Doesn't logmein require someone at the computer to agree to it being viewed/controlled elsewhere though?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
beachbuoy

No, it doesn't require that. All you have to do is leave your computer on when you go out. You do of course have the option to leave your computer in standby mode needing a password to come out of standby. Then, all you have to do is type the password into your mobile webpage and the home computer will open.

It's great when it works properly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
beachbuoy

Thanks, Mark but the problem is that I don't have a N900 to try it on so I'm totally reliant on someone like yourself to try it out.

Please use plain text.
Professor

beachbuoy wrote:

No, it doesn't require that. All you have to do is leave your computer on when you go out. You do of course have the option to leave your computer in standby mode needing a password to come out of standby. Then, all you have to do is type the password into your mobile webpage and the home computer will open.

It's great when it works properly.

Sounds great. Where do i get it and how much?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

go to           www dot logmein dot com

create an account and on each pc you want to have access to, get on it and go to the website and add it to the computers list.

that is all.

be sure that you have a login profile for each computer for the main user that you want to access and you know the login and password for the individual computers.

then, from any computer, anywhere, even your n900 on firefox, you can access your computers desktop and control it from where you are within the web browser.

:smileywink:

hope that helps.

OHH!!!!  and the best part....it's free!

and if you want another really cool product to share your files with your n900 and other pc's like above, look at my other post richwhite

enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Professor

Thanks I'll check that dropbox out.

This logmein, do i not need to install it on the n900, or just on the 'receiving' computer?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

just the recieving computer.  you can have as many as you want connected to it.

sign up for the free.  it will give you premium for free for the first 30 days, but after that, just change it to the free version.

Please use plain text.