Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

n900 wont boot into Flash Mode

Counsellor
hahahi20

n900 wont boot into Flash Mode

I flashed a new EMMC and new firmware yesterday, and installed NITDroid with the NITDroid auto installer from the maemo wiki.

But NITDroid kept crashing and restarting so I shutted the n900.

When I tried to reboot the n900, it booted normal, showing the nokia logo, but then it just shuts down. When I tried to boot it again nothing happened.

Now it is still not booting, showing nothing on the screen when I press the power button.

I decided I wanted to reflash the device, but when I plug in the device while keeping U pressed it shows the nokia logo but there is no USB logo in the top right corner, so flasher-3.5 wont recognize it.

When I charge the phone it will show the nokia logo with no backlight and the notification LED wil turn bright amber with no flickering. the light wil dissapear after some time and the phone wil vibrate and try to boot again, then the cycle will start over again, with the amber LED and the vibrating.

Does anybody know how to get it back alive? or how to boot it into flash mode?

Nokia 2310>Nokia N95 8gb>Nokia N8>Nokia N900>Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: n900 wont boot into Flash Mode

@hahai20

Did you also try:-

Remove the battery, connect the N900 to PC, press and hold "u" then insert the battery, after that release "u" ?

If device in a boot loop you may need to flash "kernel only"

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.