Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia n9 contact recovery ?

Contributor
nokdisc

nokia n9 contact recovery ?

hello,

i need some help, because i did a foolish thing trying to sync my N9 with my E50. i've tryed to put my contacts from n9 to e50, but fool me, didn't export from n9, just transfer from e50 and i've lost all contacts in my n9 and in the e50 are just  5 contacts. i'm talking about 3200(threethousand and twohundred) contacts. i really need some help into this issue. i didn't synced before with any account, nokia link, pc, or something like that. i hope there is a way to recover the contacts from itself memory or log or something... please help. thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve those.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

There is no way to do so as you have over-written the contacts file and it has been replaced with what is on the e50.....with exception of those 5 contacts.

do you have another device that you were using before that at least has some of the contacts on it that you can pull them from?

it really is a stomach-hurting bummer, I know....

you may want to be sure that you sync with some system like google, or your live account or your exchange. ESPECIALLY WITH THAT MANY CONTACTS.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.