Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Thank You Cpitchford" thread!

Advisor
Parlapipas

"Thank You Cpitchford" thread!

Hey everyone. I have been going through these threads religiously and have learned and been helped so much by everyone. One person that stood out to me is Cpitchford who besides the vast knowledge, has always exhibited patience and willingness to help everyone. With that being said, let's all take a second and post our 'thank yous" and express our gratitude.

Thank you big guy! You're the best!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

whooaa!! cut that right out! Don't need no threads picking on me :smileywink:

I've been an avid Maemo user since the Nokia 770 and a Linux user for over 15 years.. When I first got to play with the 770, it was very clear the potential of the platform and although the 770, N800 and N810 weren't "phones", I'd already decided that should Nokia release a phone version, I had to own one! The N900 came out and I'd pinned all my hopes on this gadget..

Maemo is different. It isn't a closed system like S60 in which the user is "protected" from the internal workings, the bits that are interesting.. It's a platform that allows experimentation for users all across the experience spectrum.

It's the only phone platform that comes "root ready" out of the box(well, ok you have to install rootsh, but at least that doesn't void your warranty!).. you want to break it, go right ahead.. but at the same time, you want to change any part of it and the door is open..

But the most important thing for the end user is the community. People contribute by bug reporting, application developing, how-to writing and forum posting.

Having a duff phone ruins your experience. If the community can help solve your problems and get you going, then not only will you feel better about your phone, you'll feel better about the platform and the people who are helping to making work!

Remember, if I think something is bad, I'm more than happy to moan and complain.. I do that a lot.. but if I think something is good (or has potential) I'm happy to sing its praises..

I'm happy to help out!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ravemonkey78

Parlapipas wrote:

Hey everyone. I have been going through these threads religiously and have learned and been helped so much by everyone. One person that stood out to me is Cpitchford who besides the vast knowledge, has always exhibited patience and willingness to help everyone. With that being said, let's all take a second and post our 'thank yous" and express our gratitude.

Thank you big guy! You're the best!

I'll 2nd that!! Cpitchford's post have been very helpful to me through a number of my phones and no doubt many other peoples too. 

3210, 3330, 7600, 3650, 6600, 6670, N80, N95, N96, N97, N900!!
Please use plain text.
Professor

I'll jump on this train too, i've said it before that this forum wouldn't be the same without Cp. No one else stayed up till gone 2am just to guide me, repeatedly, through flashing. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ALLEyezOnMe

I'd say the guy totally deserves his "Mobile Guru" tag, but he's even more than that. The man is always patient and willing to help. Thanks a bunch, mate! Keep up the good work! Cheers! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi Cpitchford,

I'm glad that somebody created this thread to thank you. Not only you had helped me, but also helped other people. I just want to spend time to say thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
montana_uk

All aboard! :smileyvery-happy:

I too would like to say Thanks (once more) to CP, as he has helped me on more than one occasion with my N900.

Thanks again, mate.  Keep up the hard work, coz we all appreciate it!

If tnis post is a cure to your issue, please MARK IT AS SOLUTION.

If this post has helped anyone in any way, PLEASE SHARE YOUR KUDOS, by clicking on the GREEN STAR.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Any more room onboard??

I too would like to thank CP for his help.

One person who doesn't seem to give up on a problem until a solution has been found, no matter how long it takes.

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

really happy to see such a good helper like you :smileyhappy:

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just wanted to convey my thanks to Cpitchford, he is a real helper.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blackbagz

How did i miss this thread??

Cpitchford is too modest but i can personally state from my experience that this guy has a ot of patience, extensive knowedge of the devices he has and is more than willing to help.

Now that i have your attention (lol), how do i do a right-click when using vnc?

:smileyhappy:

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

HA!!! Very good question.. I've seen "meta" click on other systems with only one mouse button (or using a touch screen), but there isn't a meta key on N900 either.. that's not going to help!

Have you tried the volume buttons? I think that's how it used to work.. something like holding volume down plus clicking was a right click..

Please use plain text.
Professor
montana_uk

There he goes again - always helping people out...

And in a thread dedicated to thanking to him for all his hard work...:smileyvery-happy:

If tnis post is a cure to your issue, please MARK IT AS SOLUTION.

If this post has helped anyone in any way, PLEASE SHARE YOUR KUDOS, by clicking on the GREEN STAR.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
blackbagz

wowl! awesome!! it works.  hold volume down and hey presto, right clicking again...

oh i'm a happy chappie :smileyhappy:

Bagz Rules :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
N900yak

Hello.. I hear a lot about you :smileyhappy: Just that I am new to the N900 family -- just picked one -- though its yet to be launched in India... and also I have been hearing about rootsh -- how do I get one? or would you say - - I haven't looked around well enough? :-)

Shub

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

there are 2 ways to get root access.. one: enable r&d mode on your device (this is bad if you don't know what you're doing)  two) install rootsh from downloads.maemo.org

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/raw/Maemo5/rootsh?get_installfile

unless you need a root shell, it won't bother you. even with the rootsh package installed unless you use it you won't see it

Please use plain text.
Sage
InvinsibleSach

Can not open 1 link from youtube website

Dear Chris

Thanks for all your help. There is been a problem with one link on you tube. It works fine on laptop but not on N900. Apart from this link youtube plays fine.

The link is www.youtube.com/ipl (only live matches)its plays highlights etc but not live match. It should be available in 2.5 hrs from now. So can you please check this out on your web browser on your phone as well. I have tried on all three Mozilla, mobile & Google chrome. (chrome even ask to download flash player.)

Can you please check it out & tell me how can I solve this problem coz for me its really important.

Thanks

Sach

Owned Nokia 5110, Nokia 8210, Nokia 8250, Nokia 6610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 9500, Nokia E50, Nokia 8800 , Nokia E71, Nokia N91 4 GB, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N97, iPhone 3GS & finally Nokia N900,Nokia X6, Nokia E55, BB BOLD 9700, iphone 4, Nokia N8; BB Pearl 9100, HTC Legend, & Now Nokia N9. (N900 is the Best)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

i want to say thnak you to this big guy two, i mean what can i say, the dude helped me big time, and he is still helping me, from all the sites, forums, ..... i checked to get some help, he was the best, he's a n900 "the biggest rank on this website" , thanks man, keep up the grat work !!!

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
technomonkey

I have just come across this thread!

I would like to extend my thanks also.  The guide on the Maemo website on how to flash filled me with dread!   His step by step guide with pictures was a great help and boosted my confidence to tackle something I had never even thought I could do.  Even when I ran into a couple of niggly problems he posted his advice on here and I was able to complete the flash.

CPitchford I salute you giving your time and knowledge to help others.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Greetings from Colombia South America....you are worldwide famous!!! hehehe, and yeah! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Please use plain text.