Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

restore MMS on N900

Professor
theking2
Accepted Solution

restore MMS on N900

Hi, How can I restore the MMS on my N900 after needed reflash? The backup / restore seems  not to take care of this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: restore MMS on N900

hmm.

i believe they are stored /home/user/.fmms

if you would have backed that folder up and then transfered them to the device after a reboot...it may have kept them.

edit...i have another n900 that i just restored from one of my backups the other day. it did not auto restore my fMMS either. let me try real quick to transfer the data from my current device to this one and ill tell you.

EDIT: CONFIRMED.

copy all the data from the /home/user/.fmms folder and transfer it to your device again and all the fMMS are restored as normal.

if you do not have a copy of the data, it has most likely been written over. :smileysad:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Thanks for the effort ceroberts75

Wouldn't it be nice that a backup would just backup anything under /home/user and a restore would restore it?

Or if one would enter a memory card it would use it as /home/user and leae it untouched by flashing.

Should I post this on the Meamo Board as well or are Meamo nerds listetening in as well? (doubtlfull, as they are busy meeGoing :-) )

I lost all my MMSs and a couple of friends. :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

would be nice...but the backups would be HUGE! mine is already 300+MB without the entire system being backed up...and it takes better then 30 minutes to do so.

not neccessary on the TMO as most already know.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

ah, so only the items that could easily be synced from an exchange server are backed up. not the things that are outside this. I'd rather have a useful backap or no backup at all. in the latter case I would make sure to manually copy everything that I could think of.

I' ve just lost al my mms, most of my sms, my desktop settings,email configurations etc. :-( nothing life threatening, but very, very annoying. 

Please use plain text.