Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: track and protect on N9

Counsellor
MadMadScientist

track and protect on N9

It is a preinstalled security app.

What I do not understand - the app can be deactivated within 2 seconds (open app, change status from active to inactive) and this is not even password protected. So how should it protect my phone? Unless I let it automatically lock every 10 minutes, which is a bit annoying when you get forced to type in your hopefully secure (=long and complicated) code everytime you want to use it.

Of course - maybe I should just switch off the phone just before it gets stolen??? :smileytongue:

Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

when you sign up your device, you can actually track the device, amung other services that are available by using the www.trackandprotect.com

ie:

Get your phone location on a map instantly
Lock your phone remotely and display owner info on phone screen
Get thief's phone number and front face photo!
Keep remote control and track phone location even after SIM change
Wipe your contacts, calendar, messages, and images remotely
Feel secure about your phone and your data
If lost, increase the chance to get your precious phone back
If stolen, handover all the info to the police

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Counsellor
MadMadScientist

Thank you - I know that. The problem is that anyone who knows about such a program can switch it just off within 5 seconds (no pw required - this is what makes me doubt the sense of this so called security app). As soon as the program is not active, none of the services on the website will work.

Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

yes, than your only option is to hurry to a pc. :/

but track and protect is not really that well known...at least here.

and i doubt, unless the theive really knows what they are stealing (not likely, they would normally just take it) it would get turned off.
Counsellor
MadMadScientist

You obviously are a nice guy trying to help everyone. Thanks a lot.

I just critisize that the application can be switched off without password protection. Even then there would be ways to overcome that, but this is an unnecessary risk which should be easy to solve.

I wrote it also to the customer support at trackandprotect - more than one week ago and they still did not bother to answer. This does not improve my impression of them.

The only reason why I have not yet disinstalled the app is that there is no alternative for the N9.

Anyway - not your fault, so thanks a lot for your try to help. At least someone bothers...:-)

Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

what would be really great, is if guardian mobile would port to meego/maemo! it is a great product, even though it doesnt have all the options to wipe, etc. but i still keep it on my kids symbian devices.

http://www.guardian-mobile.com/

Counsellor
MadMadScientist

Sounds cool - would be a good alternative.

Lets hope and wait ...

(getting used to that considering apps for the n) :smileyfrustrated:

Registered Member
n2o_n9

how can i delete my account on t&p??? i need not it....