Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: yahoo messanger on n900

Counsellor

yahoo messanger on n900

anybody hv any idia how to get yahoo messanger and other chat client on n900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
epohcj

install account-plugin-haze. this will add Yahoo! Messenger account support for N900
Nokia 3650 - Nokia 6630 - Nokia N93 - Nokia N96 - (Nokia N900) - ???

First disappointment with my Nokia N96 is that i've to pay to use the GPS navigation.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Or use Jabber and add your yahoo contact to Jabber client
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

from wher i do get that plugin?. if u hv link or proper name it wud be nice..thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

[ Edited ]

Try this link

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/install/account-plugin-haze.install

*WARNING* Haze support is experimental. Running experimental development code on your N900 may lead to problems. Don't install experimental software if you really couldn't cope with problems!

After you have installed the haze plugin, open application manager, bring up the button menu (press top of screen) select application catalogues, select "Maemo extra-devel" then tick disabled to disable this catalogue.. this'll stop you accidentally adding MORE experimental code and ruining your device

Message Edited by cpitchford on 14-Dec-2009 11:09 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
hi i intall the haze plugin into the phone but i cant find the app to use yahoo can you so more detail how to use the app please help me thank you
Message Edited by acean8 on 14-Dec-2009 03:11 PM
Message Edited by acean8 on 14-Dec-2009 03:18 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Ok, first thing.. what have you done? Did you click on the link above, did you use application manager to install the account-plugin-haze package? did it install sucessfully?

If so, you just have to create a new account.. 

This can be done by going into settings -> VoIP and IM accounts -> New

Please use plain text.
Advisor

oh ic thank you i got it this been an headege for me seen i have the phone for 3week i try to find the answer on youtube but no where to find the answer i even call in he nokia but no help thank you for helping
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks man
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Larsey

I used my n900 to go to ur link

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/fremantle/install/account-plugin-haze.install

but i said no to the install. Now i have a larger list of software to choose from. But why was this not included to the begin with?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

whem you clicked on that link, it added the development application catalogue to your phone. this means you can now see all the packages that are in development.. these generally shouldn't be used as they aren't ready for use. if you said no to the install, the catalogue is still added. it can b disabled or removed by using the app manager and selecting application catalogues from the menu..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NoOnz

I exactly did that and still can't sign in =(

Is it something with the advanced settings ?!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i am facing the same problm.

there is no option for yahoo while creating new a\c thru settings..

also while trying to install "conatcs n conversations" thru app manager,

it shows pack missing "libtelepathy glib0 (=0.8.1)

pls help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

or can we login yahoo thru jabber thn hw ??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lsongne

Fring has been released in Extras-Devel for N900. It works ok for Yahoo. It is still in the beta stages but I have tried it and it works fine. f you cannot find it in your Development folder in Application Manager then select All from the Download folder. You will get a list of all apps avaialable listed in alphabetical order. Scroll through until you find Fring and install from there.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
reality

hey..thanks for the post but how do u set up  the jabber account on the n900.....i'm still unable to get yahoo msgr on my N900

Please use plain text.
loterz1229

HELLO...I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY YAHOO MESSENGER IN MY N900...I CANNOT SIGN IN.COZ EVERYTIME I SIGN IN THIS WILL SHOW UP....UNABLE TO CONNECT TO POP.YAHOO.SERVER NAME OR PORT # MAY BE INCORRECT!...BUT BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO USE MY YAHOO MESSENGER,ONLY LATELY THAT I CAN'T LOG IN ANYMORE...PLEASE HELP!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
khristi80

Re: yahoo messenger on n900

Go to your yahoo account tap on advanced settings and check if on port field is written 5050 and on Xfer port is written 80.

I was unable to connect to yahoo one time and when i checked on those fields it was written some long numbers.I don't know why this happened but that was the issue.

Please use plain text.
loterz1229

hello..thank u for the reply.i've check it already both have the same #'s of what you've told me but still it doesn't work....i think maybe bcoz of the server..it says here...unable to connect to scsa.msg.yahoo.com.server name or port # may be incorrect...but i've never change the server or the port # eversince i got this phone...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Can  you try this test.. Open an x terminal and enter this command

getent hosts scsa.msg.yahoo.com

and post back the answer

Please use plain text.