Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't create mailboxes after E52 firmware update t...

Contributor
MarcoB1
Accepted Solution

Can't create mailboxes after E52 firmware update to 081.003

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody
After updating firmware of my E52 to version 083.001 I was unable to recreate any kind of mailbox using the wizard provided by nokia email
This is what I done:

• backup of my contacts and messages with new Nokia Suite (v. 3.2.98)
  • deep reset of my E52 (code *#7370#)
  • updated firmware to 081.003 with nokia suite
  • another deep reset using code *#7370#
  • I restored contacts and message with nokia suite (by the way .. nokia suite was not able to restore messages!)
  • I tried recreate mailboxes using nokia email v. 3.21.0, when creating mailboxes (ovimail, gmail hotmail) with the wizard, after typing mailbox and pwd it always says:"Unable to create mailbox" !!!!

Has anybody faced this problem

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Can't create mailboxes after E52 firmware update to 081.003

Hi MarcoB1,
Sorry to hear the frustration you have been having since your update. Have you tried visiting http://email.nokia.com on your nokia browser, then download and replace the nokia messaging app?
Alternetively could you follow these steps and report back if it works:
  • Start the normal process by clicking create new mail box
  • The terms will be shown
  • Select start, which will say preparing for setup
  • It will ask for which connection to continue setup...( gprs connection select to always ask)
  • CANCEL THE SETUP.
  • Message will pop up saying unable to contact the server.
  • Automatically a box will appear with the symbol '@' 
  • Type in any word@yahoo.com
  • any word@gmail.com
(do not give your actual email id yet)

• Next page
  • Check the account name
  • Goto server type and select IMAP4 instead of POP3

Incoming mail server
for yahoo
imap.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing
smtp.mail.yahoo.com

For gmail
Incoming
imap.gmail.com
Outgoing
smtp.gmail.com

• Save this setting and the mailbox will be created
  • once created select options goto settings/mailbox settings
Correct the account details
Enter correct email ID
Goto advanced settings at the bottom > Incoming settings
Correct the email ID for the outgoing and check to see if all details are correct.

Now go back and connect, but select the gprs connection
Hope this helps or at least aids you in solving your issue.
Regards,
haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarcoB1

Hi haZey .. Thanks for your suggestions ...
I think I have the latest version of nokia mail on my phone ... I tried to go to http://email.nokia.com in my nokia browser but it seems it doesn't exists .. it redirects to the nokia site of my home country (www.nokia.it) .....
I tried your procedure, it seems to work for gmail but I can't find the imap server for hotmail

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

You're welcome MarcoB1, sorry if the link didn't work for you, it basically leads you to the messaging page and you should be able to log in from there.

However...

Have a read of this, which will give you more information about hotmail because it is only POP3 and has no IMAP support.

Let me know how you get on.

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarcoB1

I managed to "manually" create a gmail imap mailbox and it seems to work ...
I also created a "mail for exchange" mailbox for hotmail using m.hotmail.com as server BUT ...
for the hotmal "mail for exchange" mailbox I created the emails in html format are not shown .. they are all shown  in plain text format !!!
this make me crazy!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

I'm afraid only Google activesync does HTML mail, where as Hotmail does not support HTML rendering. This has probably making you crazy, but at least you now have both Gmail and hotmail on your device. 

One question, are you able to log in to hotmail on your browser for me and see if you can view the emails in html form?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarcoB1

yes but with previous firmware I was able to configure (using the wizard) and see the hotmail email in html format without any issue .... upgrading the firmware cause a downgrading of the email management .. this is unacceptable for me ..

I tried to access the hotmail account using the nokia browser on my phone and I saw all the html emails perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarcoB1

[ Edited ]

finally I figured out how to solve my problem:

• I changed the access point (my provider is vodafone italy) in network destinations using a new one provided by vodafone
  • I deleted all wifi configurations forcing to use that apn
  • I started the wizard for nokia messaging and when I created my very first mailbox I used a new email account (gmail) different from the old one (hotmail) I used before updating firmware.
  • so the wizard create a NEW nokia messaging account (now the old one seems to has been disabled) and create the mailbox which now works perfectly with instant push mail.

I hope this can help someone else.
bye

Please use plain text.