Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Emails not arriving any more?

Contributor

Emails not arriving any more?

I use Nokia Messaging on my E75 for my gmail and bluehost email accounts. Pushing email was working fine but in the last few days the only way I can get my mail is to check manually. I removed my email accounts from email.nokia.com and then put them back again, no help. On the phone under "When to Synchronize" everything seems fine - "Sync new update" and "Timed sync" or both on, but it doesn't even do a manual sync every 30 mins like it should. What gives?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

same problem with my e75. nokia messaging is useless. back to blackberry i go, i cant remember once having problems with their delivery service, but i prefer nokia handsets, but email is crucial so NOKIA, LEAVE PUSH EMAIL TO THE EXPERTS AND RESTART SUPPORTING BLACKBERRY CONNECT ON THE E SERIES, youve tried and cant cut it in that field
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the Agreed. Opting for the E75 over a Blackberry was one of the worst decisions I've ever made.

My Australian provider are still debating whether to exchange my E75 for a phone with email that actually works.

I have the same issue. It works for a few days, then stops. I only seems to get half my emails when it IS actually 'working' as well. So frustrating.

If they don't, well ..there are numerous legal avenues concerning products that are not fit for the purpose for which they claim to be intended.

I'm so mad about this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

What I don't understand is why its not checking every 30 mins? Even if its not push, it should auto check every 30 mins like I ask it to.

So its a server side problem with Nokia Messaging?. There is no "support" or "contact us" link or anything on the Messaging site!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem.  Emails are not downloaded from gmail. However, after I deleted the email from web - empty trash and delete emails from all email view, it works back to normal...
Please use plain text.

What's the status on this? I don't wanna start with the flaming spree I saw on other threads. Since I bought the E75 this has worked perfectly except for the last 4 or so days.

My situation seems to be the same as the others. I can manually send and receive but nokia mail refuses to stay connected ( I don't know if I can see any logs of why it's failing). I have 2 gmail accounts and I'm based in Portugal

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Man ..the problem is that the E75 and Nokia Messaging are so full of bugs that you'd need to call in the Startship Troopers to fix your phone.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)

We are aware of a Nokia Messaging issue that's currently impacting Gmail and Google Apps email accounts.  The problem is that email synchronizes to the device after a significant delay.  Email synchronization will eventually resume automatically, but there's currently no workaround available at this time.  We are actively investigating this issue, and we are trying to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.  We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may cause.

Thank you,

Jeremiah Nielsen

Nokia Messaging

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am actually having a problem with email notifications on my GMAIL account.

Not sure if it's the same, but I am using the NOKIA EMAIL application, not the NOKIA EMAIL service.

Weeks ago I set it up correctly and it had been working fine for weeks: every 5 minutes tha email application would login to my GMAIL account in IMAP mode, download all new emails and shoe a notification (with unread email) on my home screen. Then I changed country for two weeks so I put in another sim and disabled the automatica check (I have no data plan for this other sim) and when I came back inmy country and put backmy origional sim, the email application started behaving weirdly:  application is not checking automatically; I have to check manually but then it takes too long and after that application stops working; I need to physically kill the application using the task manager and run it again manually...

Weird, really weird...

Please use plain text.

You're not the only one. My problem remains. Google and Google apps.

Anxiously waiting for nokia team to solve it. I'm sure google is giving every possible support *g*

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Just to clarify that I am using the email client installed on the phone and not the nokia email service
Please use plain text.
Contributor

same problems here: nokia mail on e71 and gmail.

synching off and on, folders behaving strangly...delete mails does not work, nokia does not get along with gmails labels

etc. etc.

I second the idea to open again for BB support like it was on e61... so much better.....!!!!

Please use plain text.

3 weeks have gone without the main reason I bought the E75: push mail.

Does this mean I can go get a refund on my phone and buy an iphone?  I can understand that problems exist. I don't understand they last this long.

Pedro Alves

Please use plain text.

Hi ,

Yes i have also this problem it have worked for 2  weeks fantastic en I can't now sync anymore ,and i can't  also  delete the mailbox look at my other topic. you can read more .

its very weird.

Hope someone can help me..

gr

Gurhan

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I had a E71 with messaging for 6 months and at least once a week messaging would go down, sometimes for several days.  Even though messaging was suppose to display HTML, there were many messages that would never display correctly.  Because of this and other issues with the Nokia, I finally gave up and switched to an iPhone.  I miss the keyboard, but everything works and the menus are wonderful.
Please use plain text.

mikeindc,

HTML viewing is now fully functional in the client release of Nokia Messaging 1.2, which was released last Saturday.  Also, the Gmail reliablity issues you were experiencing are actively being investigated and should be resolved soon.  There's a post about the Gmail issue on the top of this category, so check back to stay posted on the problem.

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Please use plain text.

It's not "reliability issues", it doesn't work at all 24/7.

Can you provide a link to that thread? I can't seem to find any gmail specific one

Please use plain text.

Hi Pedro,

http://discussions.nokiausa.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=messaging&thread.id=18462

Also, Nokia Messaging works for me and many other users, so your issue sounds like it's isolated to your Nokia Messaging account.  If it's not working 24/7 then your not experiencing the issue listed in the thread above.  Have you contacted Nokia Care for assistance yet?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Please use plain text.

I haven't been able to receive any gmail emails in Nokia Messaging for almost 4 weeks now (on my E71). Other emails are fine though. I have set up the inbuilt client to fetch these emails, so I can still get them. The Nokia Messaging software (latest version) won't fetch them by marking them as unread, or by initiating a manual sync a couple of times.

Any suggestions? Or should I just be patient :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

After jeremiahn email I went back to this. I had already upgraded to the latest version, and still no emails at all.

I deleted my accounts and added them back and... now it's working as expected.  Maybe stevonueve is experiencing a similar problem.

Please use plain text.