Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I stop Nokia accessing my email?

Counsellor
spamthroat

How do I stop Nokia accessing my email?

As a follow up to my post /t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/Email-gmail-account-on-my-5230/td-p/1113259 I gave the email app on my phone a go.

Even though I deleted the account from the phone a Nokia server still keeps accessing my email account.

I changed the password to stop it but how do I delete the access from the Nokia end?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matiasrodriguez

Re: How do I stop Nokia accessing my email?

I have the same problem in a Nokia C3 accesing my deleted mail account... please, nokia tell us what's happening and what's the solution (don't tell us "change your password"). Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matiasrodriguez

Re: How do I stop Nokia accessing my email?

Another workaround is disabling the IMAP access from the Gmail Settings, for at least 48 hours (seems the server stops trying to access if cannot access for some time) and then enabling that again.

Please use plain text.