Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Information from Nokia about a sync error with Mai...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Information from Nokia about a sync error with Mail for Exchange and an Exchange 2007 server

[ Edited ]

We have just received the following information from the Mail for Exchange team:

----------------------------------

When synching calendar with Mail for Exchange 2.7.22 or 2.7.37 connected to an Exchange 2007 server, a synchronization error may be encountered. This will prevent synchronization of other collections (Email, To Do, Contacts).

A new version of Mail for Exchange that includes a fix for this problem will be released soon.

If you disable Calendar synchronization and perform an Options>Full_resync, synchronization of other collections is possible.

UPDATE on March 12th:

--------------------------------

The new version of Mail for Exchange including a fix for the calendar problem will be available for certified devices from Download! application on week 15/09. For selected devices, the fix will be available earlier (on week 14) from

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php

2nd UPDATE on March 18th:
----------------------
Mail for Exchange 2.9  will be released via the
http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php
web site later this week for Nokia E71, Nokia N73, Nokia E51, Nokia E63, Nokia E66 and Nokia N95 8GB .

Following week (week 14),  the .sis file will be available for all S60 3rd and 5th edition devices on the businesssoftware.nokia.com site and/or through Download! and/or through Application Update (depending on the device).
---------------------- 
Message Edited by vandelay on 18-Mar-2009 01:02 PM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Information from Nokia about a sync error with Mail for Exchange and an Exchange 2007 server

not a good "fix" is it?
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Re: Information from Nokia about a sync error with Mail for Exchange and an Exchange 2007 server

vandelay wrote:

We have just received the following information from the Mail for Exchange team:

When synching calendar with Mail for Exchange 2.7.22 or 2.7.37 connected to an Exchange 2007 server, a synchronization error may be encountered. This will prevent synchronization of other collections (Email, To Do, Contacts).

A new version of Mail for Exchange that includes a fix for this problem will be released soon.

If you disable Calendar synchronization and perform an Options>Full_resync, synchronization of other collections is possible.

Thanks for the news Van, my calender sometimes doesn't sync, and i'm sure that is the problem.

I shall look forward to the new version, keep us informed when it is ready for the public.

My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

'will be released soon' was also told to me when I reported my problem to nokia in the first week of january... We are now almost 2 months further... please specify what Nokia considers 'soon'.... We already cancelled the order of 20 more E71's because of this issue...

Franc.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Soon is too vague :-(

Please can you specify a release date - is there to be a beta trial - how can we participate, etc.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

Thanks for the update Van

My calendar also gives an error now and then I do hope the update will be out soon to rectify the issue. 

iPhone 5 32GB
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I have sync problem with ex. server.2003 for emails,which just stop syncing after some time. Even a manual sync willl pull the mails and disconnect auto sync.

Is that being considerd too or just ex. server 2007 will get love?

Unfortunately I cannot post the server logs,since I use third party paid solution for exchange email hosting and donot own the server. 

Message Edited by riteshritesh on 03-Mar-2009 07:50 AM
Smitten by the E71.
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, only that it occurred months after MfE working properly. Suddenly the Calender sync seems to stop everything else (without calendar the sync works fine), and sometimes after a full resync it works for a day or two, and then it stops working again.

I am short of replacing my Nokia phone with a WinMobile phone just because I cannot afford messing up appointments.

What does that mean: "A new version of Mail for Exchange that includes a fix for this problem will be released soon"  ==> I want to know WHEN.

Nokia wake up! :smileymad:

Nokai

Please use plain text.

vandelay wrote:

I got a reply from Nokia Care today (March 10th). Quote: "We cannot tell you when a new version of Mail for Exchange comes out."

It seems Nokia cannot talk to each other within their company.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Sad isn't it ? Almost more than 3 months now that they know of this issue and they won't do anything about it... They release a 2.7.22 version and even a 2.7.37 version but even those versions have this major issue... unbelievable...
Please use plain text.
vandelay

We in the Discussions team will do our best to publish all information and a date for the new version as soon as that information becomes available. At the moment there's nothing we can add to the information in the first post from two weeks ago, but I'll remind the MFE team that you are all following this thread for more information.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.

vandelay wrote:
We in the Discussions team will do our best to publish all information and a date for the new version as soon as that information becomes available. At the moment there's nothing we can add to the information in the first post from two weeks ago, but I'll remind the MFE team that you are all following this thread for more information.

Thanks! At least we are being listened to.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Here's the latest status from the Mail for Exchange team:

The new version of Mail for Exchange including a fix for the calendar problem will be available for certified devices from Download! application on week 15/09. For selected devices, the fix will be available earlier (on week 14) from

Message Edited by vandelay on 12-Mar-2009 08:26 AM

Please use plain text.

vandelay wrote:

Here's the latest status from the Mail for Exchange team:

Message Edited by vandelay on 12-Mar-2009 08:26 AM

Good news! What is the difference between "certified" and "selected" devices?

Please use plain text.

I can confirm that this problem occurs when you get a declined response to a meeting request that you have sent.  There is a work around - assuming you are the meeting organiser, you may be able to go into the meeting in Outlook, into the tracking, and change the response back to none in Outlook, and save the meeting (without sending an update).

I have been able to test this for a meeting request in the past, and also one in the future.

I obviously can't confirm if this is the only cause of the problem, but it is undoubtedly the cause of my problem  - and now that I have a work around, I'm happier than before.  Now hoping for a rapid release from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have several Nokia E71 devices in our company, I am having the same problems. ( Exch 2K7 RTM )

I just started to replace our blackberrys for Nokia E71 devices, but i placed it on hold now. Since it brings me to much work with those errors. :smileywink:

I hope to be able to download the update as soon as possible...

Message Edited by sebastiaan on 13-Mar-2009 01:04 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

We also have several E71 and E90 phones and need update ASAP.
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Latest update:

----------------------

Mail for Exchange 2.9  will be released via the

http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mail_for_exchange_downloads.php

web site later this week for Nokia E71, Nokia N73, Nokia E51, Nokia E63, Nokia E66 and Nokia N95 8GB .

Following week (week 14),  the .sis file will be available for all S60 3rd and 5th edition devices on the businesssoftware.nokia.com site and/or through Download! and/or through Application Update (depending on the device).

----------------------

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi, the 2.9 update is available for download on the Nokia website, the release notes mention the calendar sync fix

Franc.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So far, this seems worse that 2.7 version. Atleast 2.7 would work correctly for 1-2 days before showing the ' unable to connect. Retrying' Status.

But with 2.9 it happened in 3 hrs time.

Guess I will roll back to 2.5 version.

I use mail2web personal exchange service which uses exchange server 2003. Maybe the MFE team overlooked issues with ex. server 2003.

Smitten by the E71.
Please use plain text.