Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lock code expiring too early

Advisor
hmnt

Lock code expiring too early

In order for me to be able to sync with my Lotus Traveler server, my company enforces the "Lotus Traveler Security enablement library SIS-file and instructions (ZIP file, 67 KB)" available from http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-for-business/messaging (Under Traveler > Specifications). 

Installs fine, and Traveler runs fine too, and the security settings are set so that the lock code (this is the phone lock code, not the sim code lock) expires after 90 day, which is good enough. 

But the problem with my N8 (and previously X6) is that the code is expiring way too often, occasionally after device boot (not every time) it just tells me the code has expired (eventhough the setting is 90 days). 

I kept track of when I changed it, see below, as you can see no where near 90 days. 

2011-01-24
2011-01-26
2011-02-01
2011-02-02
2011-02-04
2011-02-21
2011-02-22

2011-03-01

2011-03-02

Anyone else seeing this behavior, or even better, is there a solution?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hmnt

still an issue, anyone any ideas?

The code keeps expiring, anything between 2 and 14 days. (not in the setup it's set to 90 days). 

I've noted that it typically happens after an 'automatic' reboot, then it locks and I need to change. 

looks like something chrashes, so the device boots, and thinks the 90 days have passed.. 

Any help much appreciated.. it's staring to drive me nuts.. 

Please use plain text.
AnupamDas

I too face the same issue since past couple of weeks. My case is even worse. The Lock Code expires almost every 24 hours and it asks for a new lock code. I am using Nokia E72. I did notice that the issue started once I recently upgraded my Nokia E72 Symbian instance. I guess latest OS patch didn't work well. Let me know if someone has any idea on how to get out of this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shailesh0g

Exactly, after recent nokia update to my e72 , this lockcode expiry issue started, and it is too frustating for me to use this phone now. Any one who has solution please share here to get read of this issue.

Please use plain text.
DoruP

I'm facing the same problem here lock code expires almost every 24 h, i use E72 as a secondary phone and it only hit me towards the end of February. Because i keep it almost all the time turned off it is not such a big deal. But as I used to use it as a wake up alarm clock. But because of the expiring code it won't ring unless is turned on. hope Nokia will come up with a fix.
Please use plain text.
AnupamDas

I did a quick research on this phenomenon and here is what I found.

1. This issue only appears when I configure Mail for Exchange for my corporate mail account thru my E72.

2. I tested it successfully by removing the Mail for Exchange setup from my E72 and the problem really didn't appear after that.

3. Looks like, the Corporate Exchange server "mobile device security policy" has some role to play in this context.

I called up the service centre and listening the problem they commented that, it has to do with the mail server settings and E72 latest versions have no issues as such. I guess I need to again validate this.

Please use plain text.
DoruP

I also confirm that i have a mail account for exchange but i had it setup for more than half a year, and as far as i know there was no change related to security policies on the mail exchange server. Sincerely I was blaming the latest update made OTA sometimes during i think either in january or february. But i'll ask just to be sure.
Please use plain text.
pankaj0607

Guys,

Any solution found? I am also facing the same issue since last October on my E72. Lock code expires every 24 hrs. funny it allows me to set the same lock code again. I also have mails for exchange configured on my mobile but its on there for a while and had not faced this issue earlier.

I do remember updating OS software around the same time. The issue is with upgrade patch. But any idea if we can manually set lock expirary period.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

We have not succeeded to repeat this anymore with E72 device software version 081.003.  Please check if that helps.  And with this issue, you can use a same lock code as a workaround.

Please use plain text.
pankaj0607

Dear SVi78

I am on 71.004 and when I pres *#0000# and check for the update. It says no update available. 

May be if get upgraded to 81.003, the problem might go away. For the moment I am trying to figure out how to get firmware upgraded which use to be quite easy till few months ago

svi78 wrote:

We have not succeeded to repeat this anymore with E72 device software version 081.003.  Please check if that helps.  And with this issue, you can use a same lock code as a workaround.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThomasNoetges

On my E72, 081.003 is running with the same issue of a too early expiring.

Please use plain text.