Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Login problems with Nokia Messaging

librastereo

hi nokia team messaging please need help me, my nokia messaging expired peiod , now please you can update nokia messaging for me , i had very difficult with nokia messaging .  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
parisv

Help please my nokia messaging account die on my phone, i still can loging to the web site but nothing on the phone, please help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polofaby

i have a Nokia E72 and for 3 days now Nokia messaging on my phone keeps asking me the passwords of my 3 email address anytime it gas to sync; it is a bit irritating now because everything seems fine but the problem still persists.

Can someone help. thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tbangs

im having the same problem...before it works just fine then now it's asking for my password but doesnt accept it/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunlal4u

I got a mail saying,  according to records the device has been transfered to another person,

so th nokia messaging account has been deactivated,,

What should i do?? How to access my account again??

i didnot change th device ,, Pls Help..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunlal4u

If any ona has the problem of irresponsive mail account.. i.e. it says ur device is transferred to someone else or something like that,,

First goto mail box and delete the account..

then recreate thesame in offline mode..

then set the do the mailbox setup manuallu  as following for s60 devices..

To configure IMAP for your Symbian S60 device, just follow these steps:

1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
  2. Select 'Messaging' > 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'E-mail' > 'Mailboxes.'
  3. If you have never set up email on your phone before, select 'Yes' to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select 'Options' and then 'New mailbox.'
  4. Select 'Start' to begin the setup wizard.
  5. Select 'IMAP4' and then 'Next.'
  6. Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com') as the email address and select 'Next.' Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
  7. Enter 'imap.gmail.com' as the incoming mail server and select 'Next.'
  8. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' as the outgoing mail server and select 'Next.'
  9. Select the appropriate access point and then 'Next.'
  10. Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.
  11. Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.
  12. Select 'Connection settings' > 'Incoming e-mail.'
  13. Enter your address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
  14. Select 'SSL/TLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '993.'
  15. Select 'Back.'
  16. Select 'Outgoing e-mail.'
  17. Enter your email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
  18. Select 'StartTLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '587.'
  19. Select 'Back' and change any other settings according to your preferences.
  20. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
koricz

I have this problem with my 5800XM over 6 months too. This software is completely useless. I can create my account in phone and then login via web, but can't login via phone! It wants password to nokia messaging service over and over. I tried to change password via web, It dosn't work. Tried to delete account 6 times and recreate from scratch. Same situation. Just a piece of ... :-(

Please use plain text.
Mzikayise

HI

I tried all this given below but still cannot access my e-mail can you maybe clear out my account so I can start from scratch...

If you cannot login to your Nokia Messaging account, please try these steps:

1. Go to email.nokia.com and try to log in - your username and password are the same credentials as the email address you signed up for nokia messaging with, so try your email password.

2. If that doesn't work, click on "forgot password" and follow those steps.

3. If that still doesn't work, contact Nokia Care in your country who can reset your password as well.

4. If you're on these forums and looking for a faster recourse, we're going to do account resets for this problem.

If you cannot log into your nokia messaging account and steps 1-3 don't work, please send a private message to 'messaginghelp' on this support forum (the next poster on here), with your email address as the subject line and no other text in the message. We will clear out those accounts so you can go back to email.nokia.com and sign up fresh, which will resolve your problem.

Again, this is only for people who cannot complete the three steps, the vast majority of our users should be able to log in without incident. 

Please use plain text.
BlueA2

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, I have had this problem for a while, simply you should login using the same version of the software you first used , so you should do the following:

1- Uninstall the current version.

2- download the previous version you first used (10.1.0.26 in my case)

Download from here:

http://goran.mobile9.com/download/content_delivery.php?key=NDQzL25va2lhbWVzc2FfaWIyYjVtZXQuc2lzfDEzM...

3- Using Nokia Ovi install on your nokia device

4- Now you will be able to easily login and validate your account on your mobile ... it WORKS!

Update:

After you have had your emails back , you can now upgrage your messaging software for the last version , you can download it from OVI store :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
16nsk

Where can I request password reset or account removal for Nokia Messaging? I don't remember both user name and password and I just want to setup my email account in Nokia Email, I have hard reset my phone and I can't remember what user account I've setup on Nokia Messaging that is related to the email accounts I've used before I've reset my phone.

Please use plain text.
smartysam69

dude it doesnt contain any forgot password option ,,wht will i do

i m having sam problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arijhit

Nokia has utterly failed to live up to expectations with this Nokia Email Application. I guess they cannot encompass the IMAP protocol requirements through this application. I have tried time and again to use this application. Removed my existing profile, added it again (by opening my account at email.nokia.com). It keeps on asking Nokia Messaging Password, though I am providing the correct password. Nothing works. As of now the built in email client works for me. The setup steps are here:

http://almost-a-technocrat.blogspot.in/2010/06/setup-gmail-using-built-in-email-client.html

One very very bad thing where Nokia failed in our old 5800 is that they cannot get the mail box setup in the external memory card. The whole mailbox resides in the phone memory and keeps chipping at it. I have tried by doing Messaging>Options>Settings -> Other -> Memory in use -> E:MassMemory. It still is eating my phone memory. My 5800 is a clean device (hard formatted) which only hosts my Gmail. The mails are greatly eating away my phone memory. And guess what, I actually lost all my SMS while trying to setup my email. Very poor programming and memory swapping functions. No wonder Samsung is winning over them. I will move over to Samsung now. Its much better.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Macum

Have you any suggestions re the following.

I was alerted to give my password when using email on my Nokia N95.
This is a normal procedure every now and again.

But the N95 does not have touch screen and now the login page can only view the input box when screen is reduced to 50%

It appears that the login box accepts the first character which is entered - try to enter C and it appears to accept A
A maginifying glass is required for this!

Please use plain text.
chhantyaltoran

[ Edited ]

you have said forgot password from email.nokia.com but where is that **bleep** up option button??? i need sign up fresh. my email address is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Moderator's Note: E-mail address was removed. Please don't publish your personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thabeloktn

[ Edited ]

Damn! This ovi mail is making me sick. Since that litle notice of yahoo i cant access my emails correctly. I am mising out special and important email. I wish i could be delete this ovi account, I'd use gmail better than this **bleep**. I cant login, they direct me to other page which is useless for me to visit their site. That's **bleep**ing **bleep**. If posible delete my damn account. XXXXXXXXXXXX@ovi.com and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@ovi.com
i am wasting my money on the **bleep** that dont even have a way.

Moderator's Note: The email addresses were edited out. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

thabeloktn wrote:

Since that litle notice of yahoo i cant access my emails correctly.

What did the notice claim? Did not get a copy.

Please use plain text.