I'm experiencing two main problems with syncing information to my Lumia 820:
1. Not all of my Gmail contacts, saved under 'My Contacts' (ie not just anyone I've emailed once), are syncing to the People space on my phone. 1-2% are missing.
2. None of my Facebook birthdays have synced to my calendar.
Any information or advice on how to resolve either of these problems is greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) Check your phone settings, go to People > Settings > Filter my contact list > Make sure Gmail has a mark.
2) Link your facebook on your Microsoft account. Sign in with your Microsoft account here, then connect your facebook account.
This resolved the Facebook birthday issue. Thanks! I still have a problem however with my Google contacts. Gmail was marked, where you advised me to check. 'Contacts' is also marked to sync within my Gmail sync settings on the phone. Yet still:
1. Google contacts that I add to my phone under Google in 'People' are not syncing to my Google Contacts online.
2. A number of my online, saved Google Contacts have not synced to the phone.
I am wondering if this is a technical glitch. Any further ideas?
For anyone experiencing problems syncing their 'People' contacts back to their Gmail account after the initial syncing process, the solution for me was changing my account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com
Perhaps obvious to some, but it wasn't to me! Works fine now.