Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Mail For Exchange with firmware 30.0.004 doesn't w...

Contributor
bprix
Accepted Solution

Mail For Exchange with firmware 30.0.004 doesn't work

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just upgraded my N97 Mini to the firmware released on 16-06-2011 (30.0.004.C01.01) and i noticed that Nokia Mail for Exchange disappeared after the upgrade.

To solve such, I went to the "SW update" option and i got two optional updates, one of them is precisely the Mail For Exchange, i try then to install the update but it fails.

As Mail for Exchange is also available on Ovi Store, i tried the installation through the Store but again, without any success, does anyone knows why i'm facing such issue?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vinu_ovi

Re: Mail For Exchange with firmware 30.0.004 doesn't work

Even I faced the same issue. But what nokia has done, is integrated it to nokia messaging (Email) application. You can setup mail for exchange in it and use it. After 30.0.004 update, N97 mini gets a new email app too. I am not very fond of it though. Preferred older one and a separate corporate email client.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bprix

You are right, they did put all e-mail "stuff" under this new "E-mail" app.Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Right, as stated by vinu_ovi, you need to recreate the MfE account in Applications > E-mail > New after updating to the latest N97 mini 30.0.004 version. There's a new email client included in this version which requires that the MfE account is recreated.

The Applications > SW Update menu can still show Mail for Exchange and Nokia Messaging updates but you can ignore them, they are not needed (and MfE update will fail, anyway). Also, there's no need to install MfE client via Ovi Store. The client is available in N97 mini 30.0.004 without any additional installations.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vinu_ovi

Is Mail for exchange working after the update? I am able to setup my company email, but mails are not getting downloaded. I tried entering a wrong password for my company email (after deleting my profile), just to check if mfe is able to connect properly with my company email server. It is able to identify that the email password i entered was incorrect. Also when I enter the correct password, setup finishes successfully. But its not retrieving any emails. I am sure of the settings, since the same settings were working earlier. Only thing i am doubtful about is the port number. Port number by default comes as 443. Does it need to change? Is MFE working for anyone? My company email is ************@hcl.com. Can you pls suggest?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vinu_ovi

I forgot to mention...my phone is N97 mini updated to 30.0.004. All personal email accounts are configured successfully and incoming/outgoing emailing is working.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
laurent_thiol

[ Edited ]

Hi

@ vinu_ovi - Same issue, how did you manage?

Thanks per advance

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jerkien

Re: Mail For Exchange connectivity

Has anyone else had a problem with their E6 and its ability to connect to Mail For Exchange?  Nokia Customer Care blames SmartTone and SmartTone says it is because our company server for mail is not a POP server.  I can get GMail and Yahoo and the internet but four months on this machine cannot get me access to my work email unless I connect via WiFi.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.