Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 - Symbian Belle E-mail - POP Mail Permanent...

markomartin

N8 - Symbian Belle E-mail - POP Mail Permanently Accept Expired Certificate

Hello,

I have been enjoying my N8 e-mail for quite a while now. I manually configured all my e-mail accounts including our company e-mail POP mail server. I do not use any messaging services since I find them a bit slow.

Recently the certificate that the company is using expired (company requires SSL for incoming mail). Since then, every time the phone checks for e-mail, I receive a popup asking me whether to "accept the untrusted certificate" or "cancel". My phone is set to check for e-mail every 30 minutes so whenever new e-mail is detected, the popup keeps showing.

Is there a way to permanently accept the expired and untrusted certificate from the mail server?

Take note of the following:

- company requires SSL, so turning that off is not an option

- company uses POP

- the mail settings for this are configured manually

- the only options available in the popup are: "accept the untrusted certificate" and "cancel"

- I have put the site's certificate (downloaded from desktop browser) and installed it in the phone's "Trusted Certificate" list but it seems to have no effect

Would anyone be able to suggest a solution on how to permanently accept the expired and untrusted certificate from the mail server?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
markomartin

Re: N8 - Symbian Belle E-mail - POP Mail Permanently Accept Expired Certificate

Would anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wilton001

I have the same problem....Anybody have a solution?

Please use plain text.
kocakz

solved,
if you user, contack your IT company, us for regenerate cert on host control certmgr deploy self
Please use plain text.
markomartin

@kocakz

Sorry but I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Sadly the IT team of the company won't try to get or generate a new certificate so it is not an option.

Some other e-mail clients have an option to accept certificates permanently, even if they are expired.

Anybody have any more solutions?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

If you set the syncronisation option to manual and syncronise the mailbox yourself, doesn't it ask you if you want accept the certificate always as well as accept it this time only and reject it?

Then you can set the syncronisation option back to what it was.
Please use plain text.
markomartin

@Dan555

Sadly this does not make the option appear. It seems that whenever the certificate is expired it will never give you this option.

I wonder if there are any other options that can be done aside from this one? Thanks.
Please use plain text.