Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 Mini - Nokia Email (Built in App) does not Syn...

pins

N97 Mini - Nokia Email (Built in App) does not Sync properly

Hello, 

I am using Nokia N97 MIni and having much trouble lately with the Email application. It does not sync with the server even though all my settings are proper in place.. (I have checked, i am online, Sync on all days, etc..). 

Even after I delete a particular email from my gmail account (on a PC), the sync system should update the same and simultaneously delete it from my phone too. It does not do that. It also keeps on showing emails as 'unread' even after I have read them on the PC.

Whats more frustrating is that even after manully synchronizing it, it does not update. As on today, I have Zero (0) unread emails in my Gmail account while my Nokia Phone email app shows 519 unread emails.

Please help me solve the problem and request Nokia to release some upgrade or something to fix this problem.

- Pranav
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Re: N97 Mini - Nokia Email (Built in App) does not Sync properly

Hi pins,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

In order to fix this issue, I would advise you to check if your phone's software is up to date via this link,  enter *#0000# on your keypad to display your current version.

If your phone needs to be updated, connect it with Nokia suite and click on the green arrow icon. Any available updates will be listed here.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you to perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad.  Default lock code is 12345.

The hard reset will dellete all your personal information, that's why a back up is very important.

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

I assume you're using Nokia's Messaging system?  If emails used to arrive in real-time, as opposed to every 5, 10, 15, etc. minutes, then you are.  I have been away from these forums for a while, but historically there have been lots of complaints about Messaging accounts corrupting and ceasing to work.  Before you hard-reset the phone, I would try to simply remove and re-add your Gmail account.  Your N97 Mail app probably looks a bit different than mine (E73), but when you tap the main Mail/Email icon, you may see a Settings option.  Select Settings, then your GMail account, then look for a "Remove Mailbox" option.  When this is done, reboot the phone and re-add the account, just like you were setting it up for the first time.  That may be all that's necessary to fix the problem.  Good luck!

Please use plain text.
joosts

Hi,

I've exact the same problem with my 97-mini, but only with my gmail account.

And sometimes I also get a lot off duplicate emails on my phone.

This happened since the upgrade to 30.0.004.

So now and than I just delete all the emails on my phone from my gmail account.

Takes some time to delete 500+ mails. After the first sync it's ok again.

But this is not how it should work.

Regards,

Joost

Please use plain text.